High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also, why can't we have spring floor?! I know it is tough to get spring floors for every practice and stuff and even competitions, but I know of a few schools around here that have a spring floor for gymnastics (we warmed up on it one year for leagues); it's not like its a safety hazard!

Reactions: WAC
Also, why can't we have spring floor?! I know it is tough to get spring floors for every practice and stuff and even competitions, but I know of a few schools around here that have a spring floor for gymnastics (we warmed up on it one year for leagues); it's not like its a safety hazard!

My school has a tumbling strip spring floor that is away in the storage unit but ocassionally they'll bring it out. It's more during summer practices, we don't compete so we don't really use it that often. We also have roll out thick mats that cover almost the entire small gym (for wrestling) we had to use them once. But we don't use them obviously for health issues and they don't clean them as thoroughly as they should

-during conditioning you better be working as hard as everyone else or else I will find you

-this is practice not a strip joint, please wear some real clothes

-sometimes I can't yell very loud...get over it

-BE ON TIME OR ELSE

-I sometimes eat alot of food through out the day do that I can burn it all off at practice

-I'll be honest, during crunches I finish when the first person does..does everybody count?

-during conditioning you better be working as hard as everyone else or else I will find you

-I'll be honest, during crunches I finish when the first person does..does everybody count?
Don't these kind of contradict each other? Like you better work hard during conditioning or I will find you, but I'm gonna cheat on my crunches!!

Don't these kind of contradict each other? Like you better work hard during conditioning or I will find you, but I'm gonna cheat on my crunches!!

Haha sorta. I meant like some people on my team actually don't do them, I do them but In stead of doing 30 I'll do like 27 or something. Not all the time though. but if im putting some effort into them, the people not doing them could do at least 1 or something. Sorry to sound confusing and contradicting

I hate football season.
I would wear bows all day every day if it was socially acceptable.
I love wearing uniforms to school.
I WILL boss everyone around now that I'm a senior.
You need more lipstick.

Also- My team is the only team on the planet that enjoys cheering girls' basketball. Probably because our girls team was ranked number one in the state all season and kicks some serious booty ;) They're tougher and more exciting than our guys!

Also:
1.) I get that things get frustrating. I really do, especially during comp season. But would it kill you to try to stay positive? Shouting multiple f-words and awful things at the girls who are struggling with a stunt or something isn't going to help. I hate the "ughhh it took her more than like two times to nail that 360 lib, I hate her" mentality.
2.) Dear Crowd, considering our school is a football & basketball powerhouse, I would hope that you guys would at least have SOME spirit. Why do you guys spend that $ on gas and sit in the student section when all you do is socialize, not watch the game, and refuse to stand up or take part in one of the super easy cheers? You're killing us, guys. I'm really good at always being spirited, but I get even yet when I can feed of a crowd's excitment.
3.) You guys want to be captains and yet you're always partying and don't know your chants or what to wear for the next game or practice? Ha.
4.) All-star girls who think they're better than high school cheerleaders. Stahp. Just... stahp.
5.) I honestly feel really bad when I see these schools with really ghetto uniforms or camp clothes and then I'm wearing cute cheer things. Like, I don't mean that in a snarky way. I honestly pity them and wish I could help them get some more funds to pay for those kinds of things.
6.) I think it's clear now that I get really annoyed when I hear about teammates going out partying and stuff, especially when they don't ever get caught. You are a ROLE MODEL for your school. There are MANY other things you could be doing on a weekend night that are better than getting high and wasted. And it's kind of a slap in the face to those teammates who actually stick to code.

7.) Being one of a few seniors on a team dominated (and practically run) by a bunch of very out-spoken underclassmen... sucks.

1. yes coach, let's put the allstar girls in the front solely because they do allstar, who cares if they're motions are sloppier than the second row?
2. I am cleared, able, and willing to fly, please let me do so rather than sitting on the sidelines with enough girls for a stunt group.
3. I'm sorry we've been doing these cheers since before I was in school an are getting no crowd response, can we please switch it up?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have many repeats but...
- When girls go "I can fly" and they can't. No. Just. No. We have 4 flyers on my team. Only 2 are successful more than a prep.
- TBH... I can do the varsity stunts. My coaches know this. I'm stuck doing Preps/Extensions when were doing stunts as a team because the 2 flyers who don't know what they're doing can't even hit that.
- I love when my stunt group can do specialty stunts :)
- I hate girls who have sloppy motions. No. I messed up on a new cheer today. Now what did I do? Oh yeah my motion was still tight.
- I hate girls that have a BHS and don't throw it. Appreciate your tumbling.

Rant finished.... For now

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

-Just because I made All American my first year cheering doesn't mean you get to talk to me like I'm a child. I'm sorry I made it and you didn't but honestly just move on. I'm not bragging about it and I didn't even bring it up after I got it its you that had a temper tantrum over it.
-DO NOT cry when the coach doesn't let you sit out if conditioning. You need it the most on the team.
-I had trachea surgery when I was an infant so I have inhalers to help me breathe. Don't fake an asthma attack to get out of conditioning because I can tell what's real and what's not.
-don't EVER say "I can't" yes you can and you will because coach said so. Suck it up.
-do not ever drop me because you don't want to main base. If you're willing to let go of my foot mid pyramid then not even try to catch me, why are you on this team?
-I know I'm the tallest flyer, but please don't moan and groan about how heavy I am. That definitely doesn't make me want to hold my weight better. Besides if you think I'm heavy lets not forget how I tore the tendon in my elbow because you insisted on me basing you... If you want to talk about too heavy.
-don't tell me flying is the easiest position. If you think it's so easy I'd like to see you full down. All positions are equally challenging just in different ways.
-don't put down other team mates especially if you're a captain. Honestly the year just started and you're already showing us what a bad captain you can be.
-don't argue with coach. What she says goes end of story.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Latest posts

Back