High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I definitely have a few...
-when the so called "captains" never do any work because they think they are better than everyone else
- If you're on my team and you drink and smoke and are public about it... I'm judging you
- If you don't want to put in any effort and wonder why we don't get any respect YOURE THE REASON
- don't say you don't want to perform because every Underclassmen will vote against you
- don't slack if you're the captain if anything you should be doing twenty times more work
- nobody wants to do a fully ponytail for the game get it right
- be on freaking time like seriously I'm getting in trouble because you decided to take a nap
- when it says MANDATORY maybe it means you have to go...
- if you show up without your warmup jacket... I will murder you
- when you're a freshman and you're in a group with all upperclassmen and everything is your fault

8.) Being the shortest base, this is my biggest pet peeve: "she's too short, I can't base with her!"
- said by the girl that's like 2 in taller than me.

Every single girl wanting to fly. It's good you wanna try and change positions but honestly we don't have time to mess around with stunts and if you only have been a base/back these passed 2/3 years in Highschool, chances are you won't be ready to do libs in one practice. I want to fly too but I know that it would be a trainwreck as I have never flown, I'm more comfortable on the ground, and I'm scared of heights. Lets be realistic here girls.

I have been an All Star cheerleader for 3 years and a High School Cheerleader for 2. I like All Star better and here are a few things that bother me about School cheer.

-I know more about stunting and tumbling than my coach! She sits on her but an picks her toes all practice!
-when girls think halfs are so hard! Like honestly I could do those in my sleep!
-when your team mates don't know cheer vocab! It's not a flip its a balk tuck!
-school cheer shoes! Ahhh my Nfinities are better!
-"do a flip!" "Do that thing where your leg is behind your head!" NOOOO!
-jump preps! The swingy thing is so unsharp and weird!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've always kind of wanted to do basketball cheer but it interferes with allstar. In college perhaps!

I will not tumble past level 2 at games, with an exception for standing tucks. I know I have a full on the spring mat, but sorry coach, you're getting back handsprings.

I'm taking seniority to my advantage. Bwahahahahaha. I'm only kind of kidding.

I've been cheering for 9 years and I didn't make All-American freshman and junior year.

I think I've taught my coach three-quarters of what she knows about cheerleading.

When we're working our pyramid and the preps go up and then the 2 groups doing the inversions and such decide to explain it to each other. You should explain it before there are people in the air because its dangerous, and some of us don't appreciate holding this stunt for 50 years.
When seniors get mad if they're not in front. I'm sorry that I'm better than you and actually know the motions.
When people are on the team because they can tumble, but can't do motions or memorize cheers, but still act entitled. I don't care that you have a layout. So do I, I just don't throw it for HS cheer because there's no point. The crowd is just as excited for backhandsprings.

I will not tumble past level 2 at games, with an exception for standing tucks.
ME TOO. Standing tucks are my absolute favorite so I'll do them pretty much anywhere. But on the court I'll only do round off back hand series for my hardest running pass. I had a terrible mental block on my round back hand tuck and honestly if I do that on the court I think I'll freak out and I do NOT want to go back to that! Plus I saw my sister tear her ACL landing a layout on the wood so I decided to stick to back hand series only for running.

Oh and I'll do the occasional cartwheel tuck sometimes if I feel like it.

Referring to #4:) When all-star girls on high school squads think they're better than the other girls, coaches, staff, etc. Just... no. If you're gonna have that kind of attitude, why are you wasting your time and $ on high school cheer?

When cheerleaders, high school AND allstar, expect outsiders to know all of their lingo for their stunts, tumbling, etc. and get frustrated when people call said thing by the wrong name (like, when they get mad when their non-cheer friend refers to a BHS as a "back flip"). It's not a big deal. Do you know every single official name for every wrestler move? Or every soccer play? Exactly.

1) When we cheer at a basketball game against our rivals and we've got 7 or 8 girls throwing tucks, and the other team decides they're all that a bag of chips because one of their girls throws a round off full. Or when they tumble over half court. Like no, we respect the line, you can too.

2) I once had a teacher tell me I wasn't happy enough to be a cheerleader and I secretly loved it. I've always wanted to be one of those alternative cheerleaders (I've seen them, one was a staff member at our camp) with piercings and tattoos and plugs but I know I could never do that to my body.

3) I love football games, but I don't like football. I pass the time by staring at the player's butts. (Tight pants, I can't help it.)

4) I want to slap my friends on the pom team when they complain about going to games because they can leave after half time.

5) I wish I had had time to be on JV because it seems so much less stressful than jumping straight to varsity.

6) LOGICAL PROGRESSIONS, PEOPLE. If you can't full down, don't full up. If you don't have a back handspring on an air track, don't throw tucks on a dead mat.

7) If you sit in the bathroom and cry for 45 minutes because you can't fly, I'm putting you in your place.

8) Some JV girls are too sassy for their own good. If I'm trying to help you on your jumps, don't give me a dirty look and then keep doing them wrong.

9) This is a Michigan one but I had to let it out. If you have 16 people on your team and you put 4 on the mat in round 2, I'm going to judge you. Stop doing tucks, keep doing your cartwheels and round offs and I'll respect you.

- when the seniors yell at me for falling in my stunt. LIKE SHE OBVIOUSLY LET GO OF MY FOOT IM GOING TO FALL

-when my bases get mad at me in the pyramid, I'm flipping a girl that's bigger than me. I CANNOT remember to keep my head up, keep my chest up, look ahead, balance my weight evenly, flip her over,remember the counts, not to toe. LIKE SWEETY YOU GET IN THE AIR THEN.

-When the older girls look at me like I'm dumb when I say something about all star cheer. can you not ?

- since I'm in middle school and on a high school team, I don't talk about what they talk about. sorry I don't talk about how I went to the club and how there was a fight at lunch.

-when girls on my team get mad at me when I tell them to pay attention. we compete in September and our routine is crazy hard. do you want to go to state or not!?

-when I have a straight leg scorpion and hit CONSISTENTLY and I'm put in the back for ALL stunting parts of the routine and the center flyer has a Dorito.
my coach doesn't do it by who hits the best and who is most flexible she does it by height and who has been on the team the longest, just because I'm not as old as you doesn't mean I'm not a better flyer than you.

-when people don't throw their tumbling

-when the center flyer doesn't pull a SCORPION because she's sore. my back is sore too, but I'm up in the air pulling a straight leg scorpion.

-when the coach has favorites

sorry y'all for my rants on this !
I got excited about this thread lol.

My moms my coach and I don't even want to cheer anymore because she uses favoritism against me. All I've ever known is flying yet she's making me base when Im the same exact size as one of the other flyer and I have way more experience than her. She barely has a scorpion and doesn't even have a front stretch, she can't basket and she can hardly do an extension WITH a front spot yet me, who's been cheering since I was three, only girl in my Highschool that does allstars, has a needle and all body positions, can basket and do extensions, one legs, full ups, etc, yet she still doesn't let me....

Back