Congrats for GK Elite making it's mark on Cheerleading. Very impressive!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 9, 2010
So I'm taking a marketing class and we are studying all sorts of brand names...Pepsi vs Coke/ Under Armour vs Nike etc. I just started thinking about GK Elite and the REALLY accomplished a great thing. Nobody new them when Twisters F5 took that floor (I think it was NCA-Dallas but not sure) and BAM...they took off! I love those stories. So the real question: Is GK here to stay? (they are up against the big dogs). Are the unis really that comfortable? Have they delivered on their promise? Are they moving with the industry? I couldn't do a presentation on this because I would have spent my entire 15 minutes describing what the real CHEERLEADING INDUSTRY IS!

GK has been THE leader in gymnastics apparel for at least 30 years. They aren't going anywhere, especially with USAG sticking their nose into cheer. GK is the official supplier for USAG (they do all National Team leos/warmups, they just put the Adidas logo on along with the GK logo).

Well...we tried to do our uniforms through GK and they were pretty bad. We ended up changing the entire design and going through a different company. So I'm not so sure they're good at custom unis like varsity and other companies.

njcheerfan - Ill answer your questions as best as possible

Is GK here to stay? (they are up against the big dogs): I dont see GK going anywhere. Not only do they make great uniforms and apparel, they are about the customer being happy and they really have STRONG morals as far as a company is concerned!

Are the unis really that comfortable? YES!!! The uniforms are made for COMFORT! Ive only tried on a men's piece once, but all the athletes and coaches I have talked to agreed that they are the most comfortable uniforms compared to other competition!

Have they delivered on their promise? GK is pretty well known for delivering on time and with ACCURACY. I have YET to have an order be messed up, nor heard of one being wrong.

Are they moving with the industry? By moving, do you mean keeping up with? Then YES!

Well...we tried to do our uniforms through GK and they were pretty bad. We ended up changing the entire design and going through a different company. So I'm not so sure they're good at custom unis like varsity and other companies.

We do MANY custom design uniforms. Our design department takes sketches and ideas the coaches give them and they come up with some custom designs. Even if you dont like ANY of the designs they make, they will keep going until you are happy!

GK has been THE leader in gymnastics apparel for at least 30 years. They aren't going anywhere, especially with USAG sticking their nose into cheer. GK is the official supplier for USAG (they do all National Team leos/warmups, they just put the Adidas logo on along with the GK logo).

GK's uniforms are great. Very comfortable. Endless Designs. As far as "sticking their nose into cheer"...I would think it should be evident that they supported the first and only collegiate format and the membered institutions willing to "stick their nose out to make competitive cheer a sport". Interesting that people don't seem to have a clue that just one year ago here is where NCA (Varsity) stood on making cheer a sport:

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2009/07/06/cheerleading-low-cost-title-ix-fix/

People don't seem to realize that this case was on trial in 2009. Of course another recognized NCAA sport would come out to support a sport and those universities ALREADY providing opportunities to females (and allstar athletes) that train in gymnastic and allstar facilities.

I have an extensive background working with USAG on the business end. Trust me, they have no interest in cheerleading as a sport, except for how it contributes to their bottom line. Steve Penny is not interested in advancing the sport, or standing up for what is right-unless it happens to also bring in revenue.

my cheer uniform is from GK and it is extremely comfortable. i thought the material would be a little itchy, but the insides are lined with softer fabric making it nice. however, while the material is comfortable, it is not very forgiving. i wish GK would also carry uniforms with a more structured fabric. but, i still think they are here to stay. each year, more and more gyms are getting GK uniforms. as long as they keep up to date with what gyms want, then owners will keep ordering from them.

I think GK is awesome they did a great job making the boys custom uniform for this coming season can't wait to get mine. And sure GK may have a few flaws but what uniform company doesn't?

Back