All-Star Controversial Topics From 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about they make the gyms declare each team's level for each team for the season. For example: Team XYZ will be competing this season as a Large Junior 3. Once they have declared Team XYZ as a Large Junior 3 then they can not change it or compete in any other division except Junior 3 PERIOD. Maybe also include a clause that would state once you declare how many eligible teams that will be competing for the season, the team names and their levels no new teams can not be added after the official teams declaration or gym team roster is set for each season. Finally, if Team XYZ some how sneak in a competition and compete at another level and it is discovered they will have to forfeit any bids and that team should be banned from competing for the rest of the season.

How about they make the gyms declare each team's level for each team for the season. For example: Team XYZ will be competing this season as a Large Junior 3. Once they have declared Team XYZ as a Large Junior 3 then they can not change it or compete in any other division except Junior 3 PERIOD. Maybe also include a clause that would state once you declare how many eligible teams that will be competing for the season, the team names and their levels no new teams can not be added after the official teams declaration or gym team roster is set for each season. Finally, if Team XYZ some how sneak in a competition and compete at another level and it is discovered they will have to forfeit any bids and that team should be banned from competing for the rest of the season.

How about the whole gym can't accept any more bids??? Hold the gym owners accountable. I like this theory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the reasoning behind this, but the reality is that sometimes things happened during the season that precipitate the need to change levels or divisions. Maybe the coaches lose a few good tumblers/stunters due to injury, quitting, moving, etc. I don't think the team should be made to compete j3 the remainder of the year when they really don't have the skill level to max the scoresheet.

I understand the reasoning behind this, but the reality is that sometimes things happened during the season that precipitate the need to change levels or divisions. Maybe the coaches lose a few good tumblers/stunters due to injury, quitting, moving, etc. I don't think the team should be made to compete j3 the remainder of the year when they really don't have the skill level to max the scoresheet.

I understand that as well, but if they move down a level towards the end of the season, I don't think they should be bid eligible. Especially if they were successful at the harder level.

What if they are not successful in their level? A few seasons back one my CP's team started as a r5. The goal was to work hard and become a strong r5 by end of the season. Unfortunately, that never happened. They struggled, got last place repeatedly, and had an extremely low raw score. Finally excepted they had no business being a r5 with just a handful of athletes with r5 skills, bumped down to a 4. They kicked but as a 4, but should have never been a r5.

What if they are not successful in their level? A few seasons back one my CP's team started as a r5. The goal was to work hard and become a strong r5 by end of the season. Unfortunately, that never happened. They struggled, got last place repeatedly, and had an extremely low raw score. Finally excepted they had no business being a r5 with just a handful of athletes with r5 skills, bumped down to a 4. They kicked but as a 4, but should have never been a r5.

That's why the coach should have never put them as r5 in the first place. Take pride in being good at the level you should be.

Mistakes are made. The important thing is to learn from them. In that situation, I feel dropping was appropriate.

In that case absolutely, they learned, but it also goes that they should go the appropriate level to begin with. There are always certain circumstances, but we should try to eliminate that from happening at all.

If you force a team to stay the level they started the season in, that gym is going to lose athletes. You can't make a rule like that.

Nobody is forcing, but if they drop a level because they started the season thinking they can eventually become the team the want to, they need to suffer some kind of "consequence". Coaches and gym owners need to think about the athletes first.

Nobody is forcing, but if they drop a level because they started the season thinking they can eventually become the team the want to, they need to suffer some kind of "consequence". Coaches and gym owners need to think about the athletes first.

Why do they need to suffer a consequence for losing the whole first half of the season before moving to the correct division?

I'm all for limiting the number of levels you can move or only allowing you to move levels once in a season, but telling a gym they can't drop down to the appropriate level is asinine.

Why do they need to suffer a consequence for losing the whole first half of the season before moving to the correct division?

I'm all for limiting the number of levels you can move or only allowing you to move levels once in a season, but telling a gym they can't drop down to the appropriate level is asinine.

Like I mentioned, if coaches and gym owners were forced to really look at their talents and not go a level just to say they have said level (which it does happen) then things like this wouldn't happen as often. Once people are held accountable for their actions, then it will keep happening. This is more for gyms who drop down levels just to win. That's not fair, nor does it show integrity in our sport.

Back