All-Star Court Ruling Cheer Is A Sport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently there was some nastiness on twitter earlier today regarding this with people bashing cheer as a sport. My cp was super pissed.

I'm just afraid that if cheer becomes an official sport we will have a ton of restrictions put on us like seasons, hours of practice allowed. etc....

Everyone is freaking out because they think that the article is recent...

I was more mad at people belittling high school cheer, I know my team is different because we do compete but saying sideline cheerleaders don't belong hurts. I do both and I love both sides of cheer

If you don't compete, then sideline cheering isn't a sport. I'm not being petty or nasty, just truthful. If there's no competition aspect to it, it doesn't really qualify as a sport.

If you don't compete, then sideline cheering isn't a sport. I'm not being petty or nasty, just truthful. If there's no competition aspect to it, it doesn't really qualify as a sport.

well we do compete and win so I guess that's all that matters. :) We could probably compete nicely with some small Lvl 5 teams so. I'll just remember that.

well we do compete and win so I guess that's all that matters. :) We could probably compete nicely with some small Lvl 5 teams so. I'll just remember that.

Well if you compete you're a sport. Not disparaging high school teams, just saying that sideline teams that don't compete aren't a sport.

I'm just annoyed that more people can't google information like that before they go telling the world about it.. people were sharing a screenshot of the article title and immediately said cheer was in the olympics and it was a sport, it was tougher than football, etc

Do 5 mins of research please!

This is what I believe happened. Someone saw the article and says on twitter "omg! Cheer is a sport now! MAYBE it will be in the 2014 olympics!" and that turned into "omg! Cheer is a sport now! It WILL OFFICALLY be in the 2014 Olympics!" it's like a bad game of telephone.

Back