Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Jenniferg482, Mar 11, 2020.

1. twincheermom

twincheermom I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I originally had this comment in the NCA thread, but am moving it here instead.

I don't have a dog in this show this year, but my concern for large travel competitions would be more about restaurants over the weekend. Both restaurants and bars are VERY crowded during NCA and Cheersport. Are there restaurant restrictions right now in Dallas or Atlanta? Where I live, restaurants can only be at 25% capacity and I believe have to stop serving at 9:30 and be completely closed by 10:00 pm. This seems like it would be challenging with thousands of people coming in who will need to eat.

2. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    @twincheermom Thanks for putting it in this thread. I am not sure about Dallas. I live in Bryan, Tx. I think our local restaurants are at 75% capacity.

* Adding, I googled it looks like we were recently moved to 50% capacity. I know to go orders and delivery are very popular right now.

3. cac4life

cac4life They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    My gym just closed down :( :( :( :(

4. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We find out Tuesday if our governor will allow stunting, we have not been able to for the past month. But stayed next to us r going to Indy!

5. kayemm

kayemm I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I’m in Scotland and we are pretty much the same. Our gym reopened in September but since then we keep going in and out of various levels of restrictions and have only had about ten weeks of actual training. Right now we are closed until at least the end of January but I think it will be longer. The chance of us competing at all this season is slim. The level 1 team I coach are pretty much all new and are still working on the basic fundamentals of stunting.

To me it feels very surreal seeing teams in the US hitting full out routines and going to in person comps and talking about NCA and Worlds. Even if teams from the UK were allowed to travel, none of them would be competition ready in April.

6. 123jump4!

123jump4! I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Oh no! What happened? For how long?

7. cac4life

cac4life They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    We had a lot of athletes travel out of state over the break, and unfortunately even with us wearimg masks at the gym they came in and passed it around. We are till the end of this month to allow the holiday surge to slow down, and then they are evaluating if we can return. it stinks because we where supposed to go to soh but now we have to pull out :(
    CLARIFYING-The athletes did not come in sick. At that time they where not showing any symptoms and felt fine

8. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  9. Jenniferg482

Jenniferg482 Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  10. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    flocheer having to possibly handle a completely virtual cheer worlds...... Oof i wont even bother to buy a livestream this year.

11. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I enjoyed watching the Majors last night, was great to see teams in action. The technology issues and filler by hosts was to be expected and glad CA was able to figure out a plan B when plan A didn't work. That said, I was incredibly uncomfortable watching the spectators section at SOH. Perhaps it was the same at Jamfest but they didn't show the crowd. By any protocol there should be distancing and there clearly was none. We are pretty much only slated to attend NCA at this point and hope they recognize that if spectators are allowed there should be some sort of set seats that are distanced.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Restaurants in GA no longer have a population restriction as long as they can maintain six feet apart seating. Bars are at 35% capacity.
    Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Lifts More Restrictions on Restaurants, Including Allowing Buffets to Reopen and Lifting Capacity Limits in Dining Room - Eater Atlanta

13. SthrnCheerMom

SthrnCheerMom I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The spectators would have been family only. There wouldn't have been a crowd. It's supposed to be limited to 2 per athlete.

14. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Did you watch? They are related to the athletes not each other so distancing rules still should apply. There was a crowd with no separation.

And btw, I don't bring it up to dump on the event at all. Watching last night was the first time my house felt normal in a year. But if I am attending an event in person and they say they will follow protocol then I expect them too. I didn't see that last night and hope it gets tighter by the time we actually hit the road.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  15. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    So glad you have the choice not to attend.
    I was glad to see those parents and families of athletes who wanted to actually getting the opportunity to see their kids compete in person.