All-Star Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This may be a grim request, but is there anybody who can make a sort of Wiki page, but it's just 'gyms that have ended their seasons early due to COVID-19'. Sounds terrible asking but I would like to know who is in vs. who is out at this point and sort of have a tracker to see what's going on
I think cheercast on Twitter has a list. Not necessarily official since they are relying on random replies for closures. But they fix mistakes once notified.

With whole programs ending their season, does that mean full-paid bids will get passed down?

Last edited:
Correction on ICE Barrington:

I re-read the announcement and it appears that they are out of Summit but NOT Worlds.

The announcement mentioned them being out of Global Championships. I thought that meant Worlds but refers to a completely different event I've never heard of.
I dont believe the Barrington gym has any Worlds teams. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

With whole programs ending their season, does that mean full-paid bids will get passed down?
Doubtful. Varsity will need to eat that money they would have originally given out to make up for the amount of teams not going and the eventual cancellation of the event..

I work in healthcare. Our hospital is being very open and transparent through this, which I'm very appreciative of. I feel pretty confident with the knowledge they give us that my job is safe right now, but a nearby clinic closed for good last week and a neighboring hospital laid off 200 yesterday. Even the healthcare industry isn't immune from facing layoffs. Patient counts are down due to all non-emergent surgeries and tests being cancelled. This will effect many, and for many when it comes down to paying mortgage/rent/food... cheer won't be a priority.

I’m an ICU nurse in a Covid ICU so I’m working overtime but a lot of nurses I know are really hurting right now. The ortho, oncology, and surgical floors are all closed because there’s no surgeries going on and they sent the cancer patients home to try and keep them away from the Covid patients. That means Nurses in Cath Lab, OR, Ortho, Oncology, Surgical, PACU, and more are all hurting for hours. They’re picking up shifts working as a CNA to try to make ends meet.

No one is winning right now. You’re either and ICU nurse tripled with proned ARDS patients and no PPE, or you’re working as a CNA to try to make ends meet, or you’re being called off. Everyone is struggling right now.

Double-posting but:

Healthcare peeps:

How realistic is this May 3-4th date they just announced for Summit?

I posted this the other day, but I postponed a charity event that was scheduled for 5/23.

Did I jump the gun/overreact?

100% not at all. It’s bad. It hasn’t even hit a bunch of the states in the country yet! A May date for a competition that attracts athletes from all around the country (and the world!) is completely idiotic and dangerous.

I don’t want to scare you guys with the nitty gritty details but please pleas please please take this seriously. Your only concern right now should be your family’s health and financial security. Nothing else matters. Please just trust me.

If you want to know what I’m seeing feel free to DM.

100% not at all. It’s bad. It hasn’t even hit a bunch of the states in the country yet! A May date for a competition that attracts athletes from all around the country (and the world!) is completely idiotic and dangerous.

I don’t want to scare you guys with the nitty gritty details but please pleas please please take this seriously. Your only concern right now should be your family’s health and financial security. Nothing else matters. Please just trust me.

If you want to know what I’m seeing feel free to DM.
Just want to clarify again since it keeps getting brought up. The May 3-4th were the original dates, which has already been announced as not happening. Those aren't the dates they are rescheduling for.

Just want to clarify again since it keeps getting brought up. The May 3-4th were the original dates, which has already been announced as not happening. Those aren't the dates they are rescheduling for.

Apologies! Regardless of the date I stand by any competition that attracts athletes from around the world being unrealistic for the year of 2020.

I’m an ICU nurse in a Covid ICU so I’m working overtime but a lot of nurses I know are really hurting right now. The ortho, oncology, and surgical floors are all closed because there’s no surgeries going on and they sent the cancer patients home to try and keep them away from the Covid patients. That means Nurses in Cath Lab, OR, Ortho, Oncology, Surgical, PACU, and more are all hurting for hours. They’re picking up shifts working as a CNA to try to make ends meet.

No one is winning right now. You’re either and ICU nurse tripled with proned ARDS patients and no PPE, or you’re working as a CNA to try to make ends meet, or you’re being called off. Everyone is struggling right now.
Stay safe and thank you for being a superhero. I’m in NY - it’s bad here and the numbers in our county keep going up.

im seeing on twitter from CEA athletes that they dont plan on pulling out unless worlds is cancelled.
Correct. CSP has made it very known on ASGA that they don't intend to pull out. I'm in no way associated with CEA, so things could have very well changed without my knowledge, but every post so far has been very much about continuing.

I dont believe the Barrington gym has any Worlds teams. I could be wrong though.

I believe both the quarter season teams are out of Barrington... SnowEd and Snow Angels (?). Not sure if they have bids but they are both L6.

I believe both the quarter season teams are out of Barrington... SnowEd and Snow Angels (?). Not sure if they have bids but they are both L6.
Yea, I think you're right, that sounds familiar. But no, neither of them have bids. I don't think they had competed yet.

Yea, I think you're right, that sounds familiar. But no, neither of them have bids. I don't think they had competed yet.

Ugh. I hadn't even thought about the half year/half season/prep/etc. teams who never even got the chance to compete.

They aren't (usually) Worlds or Summit teams, but it has to be frustrating if you/your child were really looking forward to it.

I wonder how gyms are handling this for teams that never got a chance to compete? Refunds? Credits to next season?

Ugh. I hadn't even thought about the half year/half season/prep/etc. teams who never even got the chance to compete.

They aren't (usually) Worlds or Summit teams, but it has to be frustrating if you/your child were really looking forward to it.

I wonder how gyms are handling this for teams that never got a chance to compete? Refunds? Credits to next season?

I am currently on a half year/prep team. We’re doing ZOOM practices once a week like our full year teams, but it’s moslty just catching up and playing games. Our gym closed the week before our showcase and first competition. Of course, in the long run, this is such a minsiscule issue...but it still really sucks to see people complaining about Worlds/Summit basically being cancelled when it’s something 90% will experience again. There are seniors on my team who will likely never compete again; personally, I probably won’t compete at all this season. I understand how devastating missing a huge bid event is. But not everyone has the money to be on a full-year team, and although we’ve been told our comps will get rescheduled, the likelihood is low.

I’m not sure yet what is going to happen. Right now my gym has just suspended payments and is live streaming workouts for us. We all just have to take it day by day!

Back