All-Star Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone’s school district taken any action? I’ve heard some have. One of my daughter’s teachers told them that back when swine flu hit their school shut down for few weeks so don’t be surprised if it happens.

We got an email saying that they are preparing for possible closing and will be implementing digital learning plans.

Has anyone’s school district taken any action? I’ve heard some have. One of my daughter’s teachers told them that back when swine flu hit their school shut down for few weeks so don’t be surprised if it happens.
UCF has gone completely online for two weeks after spring break is over.

A school near us announced they would be closed today but that’s the only one.....I know one school near us is on spring break right now, our school today is the last day then out for spring break and I think the other nearby towns start spring break soon as well.

I know a handful of people who had (after traveling) symptoms and went to The ER for testing but were refused. So the population of those who have it is likely much larger than we know. And we are actively watching what happened in China and now Italy and for some reason the population in the US thinks that we will have a different outcome....

The ER probably didn’t have the capability of testing them. That’s the unfortunate reality we are facing right now. The US is facing a very, very serious shortage of test kits.

San Diego State and UCSD announced two days ago that they are moving to all online classes. Sounds like until the end of this school year.

Yesterday, my daughter’s teachers (she is in middle school) showed everyone how to access daily assignment should they be unable to return to school. They did a whole school survey to find out who has access to computers at home and will be giving computers to those that do not. It sounds like a closure is imminent. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t return to school on Monday.

I feel for Varsity and gym owners right now, a pandemic is not something businesses deal with everyday. Making the right business decision doesn't mean you have immediate answers for your customers on details. Much respect and prayers for all business leaders dealing with this right now.
I agree with this statement. But most properly managed companies have a plan in place in the event that these situation arise. I’ve managed a plan for 5 years that hasn’t been activated until last week. And now it is daily updates and changes.
Also, I don’t think we are looking for long term answers on cancelations schedule changes etc. we want to know if they are really going to make 1000’s of children and families travel and compete in large arenas with zero screenings THIS WEEKEND.

A school near us announced they would be closed today but that’s the only one.....I know one school near us is on spring break right now, our school today is the last day then out for spring break and I think the other nearby towns start spring break soon as well.
Same- a co-workers school closed today for 2 weeks and will re-evaluate the situation in 2 weeks. I will be surprised if my kids go back to school in Monday. I’m pretty sure we are going full work from home as well- interesting day! I hope this does slow the rate of infections so then medical community can assist.

All schools in my area in CT are closed for al least 2 weeks .

I agree with this statement. But most properly managed companies have a plan in place in the event that these situation arise. I’ve managed a plan for 5 years that hasn’t been activated until last week. And now it is daily updates and changes.
Also, I don’t think we are looking for long term answers on cancelations schedule changes etc. we want to know if they are really going to make 1000’s of children and families travel and compete in large arenas with zero screenings THIS WEEKEND.
Yes they r!

I know a handful of people who had (after traveling) symptoms and went to The ER for testing but were refused. So the population of those who have it is likely much larger than we know. And we are actively watching what happened in China and now Italy and for some reason the population in the US thinks that we will have a different outcome....

I work in the ER. The issue with testing takes a huge toll on the whole area. Patients have to be quarantined in non pressurized rooms and there are usually only one or two of those. Staff members can only attend to that patient which creates a bigger ordeal on what is probably already an understaffed area. Our adult ER has had people come in demanding to be tested because they drink corona beer. Also testing isn’t like the flu were you swab an individual and the result are back in 45 minutes.

"Based on the guidance of public health organizations like the CD and the WHO, state and local health authorities, and event partners, we will be postponing all Varsity All Star events for the next two weekends (March 14-15 and March 21-22). It is our intention to reschedule these events later this season or transfer your registration to an upcoming event of your choice.

Each event brand will follow up with more detailed information in the coming days. Please contact your brand/event representative with additional questions.

Theree are no further planned postponements or changes at this time. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves, including a weekly update on Mondays at 10:00 AM CT beginning March 23"

^email just got sent out, no idea how to attach images but there's the whole thing word for word

All comps this weekend and next now postponed except UCA.
Not independent EPs. [emoji849] At least as of two hours ago WSA said the show must go on.

But our owner said there has been a major schedule change and we still don't have times so maybe they're at least attempting something like UCA. [emoji1745]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back