Crazy ideas for improving the all-star industry

Discussion in 'Discussing the Cheerleading Industry' started by BlueCat, Jan 26, 2010.

1. fiercelexaaa

fiercelexaaa Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    8. Worlds rotates between Cali and Fl. (or even more locations.) Why should the same teams have to travel further each season?

i actually really like this idea! seems pretty fair to me to change the location between the two locations every year

2. KB_Legend

KB_Legend Jedi Cheerleading Master

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I didn't want to quote the long post but I think BlueCats idea for having legality officials that are trained by and work for the USASF is a great idea. This is actually something that I could see being adopted rather quickly too because it should benefit all the parties involved... I feel like a lot of ideas get tied up in the process somewhere because it's hard to get gym owners, and event producers from different companies to agree on things, but like I said this would give the USASF a little more quality control over the enforcement of the rules they have put in place and it would take, what I'm a assuming is, a huge hassle off the hands of the event producers, I can't see where anyone would be against it...

Along the same lines I have talked to people for a few years about how judges should be trained and supplied by a third party (or by the USASF I suppose) which would get rid of any responsibility/power the company has over the results and negate any potential bias (actual or imagined) that particular companies have towards particular programs (ie. They won because they are a certain gym, or they brought more teams, or they are friends with people who work for the company etc. etc.). This could also be a way to ensure that all the judges are properly trained or certified, and make it easy to track who had judged what events and potentially even track errors or complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. King

King Is all about that bass Staff Member

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    fierceboard
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    King Harrison
    Georgia Tech Coach
    I think this is a wonderful idea. One of my biggest complaints about a lot of judging is how the rules get more strict as you go to larger and more prestigious competitions. I would prefer strict all year so I can fix something the second is being performed in the not legal way of the USASF. I think the USASF using sanctioned people and handling all that would create way more consistent legality judging.

4. NiqueNique

NiqueNique I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    Can "these little tumbling dynamos out in the cold" fly, base, dance and jump level 5??? There is much more to level 5 than an athlete tumbling a double full............

5. Guest

I do not believe senior open 5 should do this at all... There is youth 5 and junior 5... That sall they need. If you have one or two kids or a little more that you cant make a team do like we do and do individuals.

6. 3amigosmom

3amigosmom Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    As far as IDs, my grocery store can access my checking account by my fingerprint. I can go in the store without anything in my hands and just scan my finger to pay. If they had some sort of system where the athletes' names and fingerprints were listed and those fingerprints had to match the the team roster when coming into the warmup area, there wouldn't be any upkeep by any individuals. Once the fingerprints are stored, they are in there so no need to re-enter the information every year.

7. Andre

Andre Batman at Justice League

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    andrejcarter
    I am a(n)...:
    USASF
    Verified Member:
    Andre Carter
    USASF Core Safety Official
    Which grocery store do you go to?

8. King

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    fierceboard
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    King Harrison
    Georgia Tech Coach
    FBI Foods and more!

9. NiqueNique

NiqueNique I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    AGREED! There are those that cannot seem to wrap their heads around the fact that tumbling is NOT the only facet to this sport. Such a set up for team failure with that school of thought.... :no:

10. Triberckstar

Triberckstar Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Couldn't agree more.. The ratio of males to females in competitive cheerleading in no way supports having 4 Sr. 5 coed divisions compared to 2 all-girl divisions. If there is going to be a unlimited coed, semi-limited coed, large limited, small limited then why not a medium all-girl division ? I'm clearly not suggesting this, I agree.. cap the males and fill divisions to increase competitiveness.

11. CoreAthletixx

CoreAthletixx Guest

completely agree with the idea of spliting dance and cheerleading worlds!

12. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    17. Merge divisions by team size, rather than # of males (to a point.)

It is my opinion that Large Senior teams are more like Large Limited than they are like Small Senior. The difference in 16 females affects the what you can do much more than 3-4 males can. When forced to combine because of numbers, these divisions should merge 1st:

Large Senior - Large Limited
    Small Senior - Small Limited
    Semi-Limited - Unlimited (should actually just be 1 division to start with, but I digress)
    Large Junior Coed - Large Junior
    Small Junior Coed - Small Junior

I think that the judges can more fairly compare teams with similar size, rather than trying to scale down ratios of skills and fairly compare deductions.

13. King

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    fierceboard
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    King Harrison
    Georgia Tech Coach
    Just gonna say after this weekend I would like to put forth again a universal scoresheet.....

14. Mclovin

Mclovin Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Oh I love this!!! Can't print a FAKE fingerprint!!! I wonder how hard this would be to set up??

15. F!ERCE

F!ERCE Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I didn't wanna take up too much room quoting your whole post, but I agree with every word you said there.