Crazy ideas for improving the all-star industry

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

o i just remembered. i interviewed a NCA staff member last year about this for a school project. I was wondering if they would make the difficulty higher and maybe have senior level 6 teams, because i felt like in the next 10 years, every possible motion would be used already, and there would be a lot of redundant stunts and such and it woud seem like we already seen it already. This NCA staff member told me that it probably wouldnt happen and they are even looking to make it so the difficulty and skill offered now is lowered because an increase in injuries. it sort of made sense injury wise, but i wouldnt want them to take away what we already have now difficulty and skill wise. i guess we all have to just be a lil more creative in the future. if this doesnt make sence to you let me know and i can search for the exact words used in the interview im just kind of busy right now

I have no reason or desire to stick Worlds next to a Disney park other than the contract that USASF already has with them. I can't speak for the non-US teams or maybe less "Disney weary" coaches/athletes, though. I absolutely don't like being required to pay for a park hopper pass that never gets used other than to go into the Wide World of Sports "theme park".

There HAS to be some wasted money in there somewhere that COULD stay in my pocket or at least go to USASF and not to the Mouse-Eared-Happy-Place.

Hoping to see harder stuff be allowed for senior teams? I would save your energy on that one if I were you. You have to pick your battles and that is a losing one. We are lucky to be able to do what do.

BlueCat said:
Hoping to see harder stuff be allowed for senior teams? I would save your energy on that one if I were you. It is a fight to even keep what we have.

um this was in response to the person that said she wanted to see triple fulls and double backs allowed. but just looking back in the last 5 years, more and more people are throwing tougher tumbling passes and stunts/pyramids.

Dallas Cowboys stadium would be so far beyond cool it isn't funny. That place is just insane.

It wouldn't work for several reasons - the need for multiple simultaneous venues and a warmup area would be the most difficult to overcome. (and probably cost.)

Just guessing, I think there would probably be enough seats, though. Oh, and they would have a decent TV monitor for replays.

FRESH said:
BlueCat said:
Hoping to see harder stuff be allowed for senior teams? I would save your energy on that one if I were you. It is a fight to even keep what we have.

um this was in response to the person that said she wanted to see triple fulls and double backs allowed. but just looking back in the last 5 years, more and more people are throwing tougher tumbling passes and stunts/pyramids.

That was me...and that's the reason why. Granted not everyone will tumble to that ability but the few kids that do (power tumblers) should have an opportunity to show that off, without having to disqualify themselves.

Senior Open 5 should be allowed to throw doubles, just make them a non-worlds division. (I agree that little kids do not need to go to worlds, it should be something to look forward to and worked towards when you are older, IMO). Currently, the ONLY team for a 10 or 11 year old with a double is a Jr 5 and a lot of gyms have trouble fielding this age/level team since every 12 year old with level 5 skills wants to be on a Senior team! It leaves these little tumbling dynamos out in the cold. JMO!

I've been so busy, but this is a great thread. I know I'll forget some things.

1. I'm pretty sure that when Worlds was started, the location rotation was discussed. I may be dreaming, but I thought there as at least a plan to rotate (varying number of years) between the Disney locations in Orlando, Anaheim and Paris.
2. To whomever said that event producers should not be representd on the board of USASF, frankly, you're nuts. The USASF HAS to represent ALL groups or it won't continue to work. The USASF, with all its flaws, has been the best thing that happened to all star cheerleading.
3. I've wanted the Division I and Division II for a long time now. The gyms that want to compete at the higher level can choose to do so.
4. USASF judging certification is an absolute requirement. But for that to happen, there will have to be buy in from all groups. It will have to be a mandate that event producers only use certified judges. I also think that the certification should have some levels (not as many as cheer), that would allow new judges to get in the business. Level 1 could judge local events, Level 2 could judge regional/nationals, Level 3 could judge worlds bid events, etc.
5. All athletes should be required to join USASF, I totally agree with.
6. Gym fees to be members of USASF should go up. They are less than a couple hundred now. That's ridiculously low for the benefit.
7. Parents should spend the time to UNDERSTAND what the heck is going on with their gym and the industry. Not to be an expert, but to know what the differences are between gyms, what gym certification is, etc. It's your child's life and it's the parents job.

I agree with many of the suggestions. More later.

I would just have Senior 5 be 18 and under like the other levels and not have "Senior Open 5". Only restriction: you aren't eligible for a bid if you have an 11 and under kiddo on the floor. (Obviously can't take one to Worlds either.) This theoretically puts the "Worlds interested" teams at a disadvantage competitively, but I don't think they need to be shielded. The CEAs and World Cups of the world can do fine with a slightly more strict age requirement than the other senior teams in their division.

I don't mind the idea of a 4.5 division so much, there are just too many divisions and you have to compromise somewhere. Every time you combine or eliminate divisions, some gym somewhere will have a situation where they don't like it, but it has to be done at some point.

BlueCat said:
I would just have Senior 5 be 18 and under like the other levels and not have "Senior Open 5". Only restriction: you aren't eligible for a bid if you have an 11 and under kiddo on the floor. (Obviously can't take one to Worlds either.) This theoretically puts the "Worlds interested" teams at a disadvantage competitively, but I don't think they need to be shielded. The CEAs and World Cups of the world can do fine with a slightly more strict age requirement than the other senior teams in their division.

I don't mind the idea of a 4.5 division so much, there are just too many divisions and you have to compromise somewhere. Every time you combine or eliminate divisions, some gym somewhere will have a situation where they don't like it, but it has to be done at some point.

i think 5.4 would be amazing. i've always been a good stunter but not a level 5 tumbler and i just hate how i could never try as hard of stunts on level 4.

ACEDAD said:
2. The USASF, with all its flaws, has been the best thing that happened to all star cheerleading.

I know this is a terrible idea, but I'm going to ask anyway:

What has the USASF done to make cheerleading better?

Common Rules/Divisions are the 1st thing that come to mind and one could argue that was done pre-USASF by the NACCC.

Worlds is the 2nd things and one could argue its done as much harm as good.

Kingston said:
I actually think getting away from the Disney is the best thing allstar cheerleading could do. It raises the cost dramatically for a theme park that is based for ages a bit lower than the ages that compete at Worlds. If we wanted to chose cheap airports that are easy to fly into then it should be in Atlanta. But I am not a huge fan of the facilities people use for competitions in Atlanta.

The ideal situation is a city with plenty of hotels, easy to get around, plenty of attractions so people have things to do, and a good facility to compete at that is cheap!

I think the Alamodome in San Antonio would be a great place. A great facility in a great town, it is easy to get around, it has the riverwalk and a lot of great attractions.

Andre said:

Common Rules/Divisions are the 1st thing that come to mind and one could argue that was done pre-USASF by the NACCC.

You are free to argue both of those things. I would also be free to strongly disagree with you on both of those things.

Andre said:
ACEDAD said:
2. The USASF, with all its flaws, has been the best thing that happened to all star cheerleading.

This probably needs to be a separate thread. Let's do that.

I meant to be just like football for example. Compete for 3-4 months and train/condition the rest of the year!

Latest posts

Back