High School Creative Ways To Let Girls Know They Have Made The Team.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this year, my assistant coach and I are going to put signs in the girls front yards so when they wake up the day after try outs, they will see the sign in their front yards! I think this is a fun way to let the girls know who made the team!
Those girls will be stalking their front yard until you show up!

I have seen several bad experiences with posting on doors, even by number. I would post a list online somehow. That way everyone can deal with making/not making it in their own way. You can possibly save yourself a lot of drama by doing it that way, and less drama in cheer is best!

I have seen several bad experiences with posting on doors, even by number. I would post a list online somehow. That way everyone can deal with making/not making it in their own way. You can possibly save yourself a lot of drama by doing it that way, and less drama in cheer is best!

I agree! I have always posted results online and there have never been any issues!

I just recently got a High School coaching job and the way they cut their teams is based on a natural break in the scores. I've never heard of anyone else doing this, but it makes sense to me! They post names of girls who made it on the school website under a section where you must enter a password.

When I was in high school they gave you letters, if you made it your letter had a flower inside. You had to come back to the school and find the older/younger cheerleader who had the same color flower as you and that was your big sis/little sis. If you didn't make it they gave you a break down of your score and 3 things you should work on. But that's a Catholic school VERY rich in tradition for ya:rolleyes:

I think this year, my assistant coach and I are going to put signs in the girls front yards so when they wake up the day after try outs, they will see the sign in their front yards! I think this is a fun way to let the girls know who made the team!

This is too cute!

Wow... this is all so nice. When I was in high school, you found out AT tryouts whether you made the team- IN FRONT OF EVERYONE! They did the tryout and sent us in the hallway for 30 minutes, then everyone came back in and they read the list of names out loud... "CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE GIRLS WHO MADE VARSITY..." So, basically, screw everyone else lol... it was scarring

Wow... this is all so nice. When I was in high school, you found out AT tryouts whether you made the team- IN FRONT OF EVERYONE! They did the tryout and sent us in the hallway for 30 minutes, then everyone came back in and they read the list of names out loud... "CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE GIRLS WHO MADE VARSITY..." So, basically, screw everyone else lol... it was scarring
We did that at my school my 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th grade year. Last year they finally decided to tell us in private. I'm glad they switched it.

My first coach did it in front of the girls in order of highest scores. What she did though was call us by our Tryout number instead. Then again at my shcool grades 9-11 make a team its just a question of Frosh/Iv/Varsity. New Coach did a text and at tryouts asked if people wanted a call if they didn't make it. Lets just say she got ALOT of angry calls that night. In the winter she posted numbers and only got tears from freshman who didn't make Varsity.

Our was never read off/posted by scores, always alphabetically.

On a side note to my earlier comment, I have noticed it's always the girl that barely makes the team that thinks she is the "BEST" that's why I wish I could do something in score order.

We had a coach that did that one year. The girl that got the top score when around bragging for months.

We had a coach that did that one year. The girl that got the top score when around bragging for months.

Which is EXACTLY why you can't. I would love to somehow group them or do something to let them know they need to work harder, but I wouldn't ever! ALTHOUGH, we have decided if kids want to see how they did, they will not get the range to see where they scored, but they will get to see their feed back on score sheets.

We post their names on our website telling them which team they make on Friday night we tell them they will have a surprise waiting for them on monday. Usually we give them a rose with a little card saying what team they made but this year, (since our coach got a job at a T-shirt printing company) we are giving the girls T-shirts with colors corresponding to their team i.e. Red- Varsity Blue- JV Gray - JV2

This might take a lot of work, but definitely a cute idea. If you can get their locker numbers, slip a cut out of a megaphone (labeled either jv or varsity) into it. It would suck for anyone who didn't make it, but for those who did it would be super exciting :)

What we did this year was take pictures of every girl when they came to tryouts.

Then at our lunch break we went and printed out the 3 copies of the pictures at Kinkos and attached them to our score sheets. (this also helped us remember what each girl looked like without remembering names)

Then when we posted the final roster we taped the pictures of everyone who made the team on a poster. If your picture was on there you made the team. If not... better luck next year :D

We kept the extra pictures and are going to laminate them with our team logo and stuff on the back to give the girls as bag tags so they know which cheer bag is theirs.

Back