High School Creative Ways To Let Girls Know They Have Made The Team.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have 3 days of tryouts, and the last day is personal evaulations. We all wait until everyone is done, and then they tally up the scores right then and there (were usually at school until around 9). Then they call us up to the gym we all get enevlopes saying Varsity, Varsity Alternate, JV, JV alternate, or sorry we can't find a place for you this year. After everyone opens their envelopes, the new varsity and jv teams get together to see everyone.

I like the idea of telling girls who didn't make it why and what to improve on but that also depends on how many girls don't make it. They don't tell the football players who don't make the team what to improve on. They just know they need to improve. And plus, tryouts usually involve several days of evaluations, right? Wouldn't you tell them what to work on then so they already have an idea of what to improve on?

This year my team had like five days of tryouts....every day we cut people and the people who were there on the fifth day made it. but at my school people tried out for jv and varsity at the same time. on the fifth day my coach called people(three at a time) to her room and told them which team they made. As for cutting my coach made a facebook group and listed peoples numbers who made it. if you didnt make it your were asked not to come back till next year.

So this probably wouldn't work for tryouts since it would most likely be done in front of everyone, and it would suck for the girls who didn't make it... BUT, I saw it done at a schools homecoming and it was super cute. Everybody had a balloon and then you would pop it and if it rained out confetti then you made it. If it didn't have confetti... sorry.

So this probably wouldn't work for tryouts since it would most likely be done in front of everyone, and it would suck for the girls who didn't make it... BUT, I saw it done at a schools homecoming and it was super cute. Everybody had a balloon and then you would pop it and if it rained out confetti then you made it. If it didn't have confetti... sorry.
I like this idea but I don't at the same time.... Lol

Our school announced it at the end of the day Friday over the loud speaker. So basically you had one girl sitting in class crying when her name wasn't announced while 30 people stared at her. Highly recommend doing the exact opposite of that.
Oh my god, that's awful. But for some reason the first thing that came to my head was someone over the loud speaker saying "You made it Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco! And not Gretchen Weiners."

My coaches told us to come between 10 am and 4 pm to our school commons where they would give you a letter that told if you made it or not. They had it be that way so not all the girls were there at once. They said each girl showed up pretty much individually and the most girls they had at one time was 3. Oh and if you made it the envelope had glitter in it :) Our school doesn't have a JV were just all on varsity.

Ugg, last real tryout I did, really botched the dance section and knew I wasn't going to make it to the second round. The coach simply announced who would not make the next round a the end of the day. I would have been happy to know privately how I scored and what I could improve on.

At my friend's school, The coaches call your parents (in secret) and let the know about their plan). Then, in the middle of the night the come around with the mini bus and "kidnap" you for a team sleepover... It's a little over the top but everyone enjoys it :D

At my friend's school, The coaches call your parents (in secret) and let the know about their plan). Then, in the middle of the night the come around with the mini bus and "kidnap" you for a team sleepover... It's a little over the top but everyone enjoys it :D
Lol! They did that to me back in high school! Only 20 short years ago :Banghead:

This past year for my competition team I did it America's Next Top Model Style (sort of). I got 20 Congratulations cards from Target (found them in school colors too!) and I wrote up a message for the inside that said "Congratulations on making the 2012-2013 North Competition Cheer Team. Give 150% every practice and you will achieve greatness. Clear minds, full hearts, can't lose."

I waited until the results were in and then put the tryout number of each girl who made it on the front of each card and laid them out on the table. The girls then came in and if their card was on the table, they made the team.

I know it sounds harsh for the ones who didn't make it, but it actually went over very well.

My school posts the names of the girls who made it on the school website the Friday night before Spring Break. That way those who don't make it have a whole week to get over it before having to come back to school.

Back