High School crop tops for high school cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this is kid of dumb for all those coed teams. It is way easier to coed stunt with a crop top, because the guy gets a better grip on the flyer's waist.

Def. not impossible though. We're a Catholic college so we have full tops and the boys are able to stunt just fine.

pretty sure they're still legal for games, DuPont Manual in Louisville wears them. not a fan AT ALL though

I think it's because High School is more traditional, and your more likely to get unexperienced or nonathletic girls on the team. So many girls are so self-conscious about their bodies that performing in front of your whole student body when your not comfortable could lead to bad things. And parents/teachers/other students that don't know the business could see it as sort of scandalous since no other sport (at least at my school) has anything even remotely close to a crop top.

I agree with Pghxcheer, cheerleading in high school is already stereotyped enough, and crop tops would make it worse... And also, high school teams are much less likely to do partner stunts than allstar or college.

to be honest, i think that crop tops would be really awkward for high school cheerleaders. imagine walking by your english teacher in your current crop top cheer uniform...

I remember a thread on the old board that had pics of HS uniforms and a lot of them were really, really cute without being crop tops.
I think there were some pics of HS uniforms from a school in Florida that were halter tops that stood out. Maybe not appropriate for every state, as some squads may need to turtlenecks to keep the snow out!

imagine sitting all day at school in your crop top uni! and that's so against dress code so i cannot see them allowing that at games/events reppin the school
maybe competition would be acceptable, but apparently it's illegal now anywho?

you can have a crop top, BUT have to wear a nude color leotard underneath to hide your somatch. So it's better to just do full uniform.

Yeah when I was in high school we had to wear our unis to school on gamedays. Crop tops would NOT have been okay then, they didn't even like that we had a halter top-ish neckline.

lol true, I never thought about that. I know I wouldn't want to wear one for high school, but I still think that it helps out the coed teams. I tried coed stunting with a t shirt on wed, and it didn't work out too well! haha

Very true! I work with high school teams all the time and most of them want full tops, but I notice the athleticism is completely different between them and the all star girls. The all star girls know they are wearing half tops so they work out alot more, in addition to cheer practice.

Back