All-Star crossovers!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

T

twisterrrgirrrl

Do you think its fair to have crossovers, whether it be on the same level or not??

I myself thought it was amazing when NCA changed their rule to no crossovers between levels, but now its getting to be ridiculous with the amount of crossovers even between levels. I hope worlds never allows this to happen!! :S

I dont know if i necessarily think its fair to have crossovers just because, or just to fill a team to max capacity. I dont mind crossovers to fill in for injured athletes though. I also dont mind crossovers with the huge gyms that may end up having two teams in the same division unless they crossover boys. I think there should be a set limit on crossovers per team and per gym though.

i think crossovers are completely fair. Say you tryout with a standing tuck and a layout, then by august you get your full and jump to tuck. You should be able to move up a level if their are spots available. However you wouldnt want to leave your old team where the routine is probably finished, so you do both teams. Also you may base on one team and fly on the other, being on 2 teams allows you to do that.

Personally, I don't like full-season crossovers except in pretty rare circumstances. To me it is like a "whole program" version of athletes faking their skills in group tumbling. It is a part of cheering, and there isn't anything wrong with it per se. (sometimes it is smart coaching, even) I just don't particularly care for it when it is done extensively. Just my opinion.

Fill-ins due to injury or similar are fine to me.

Personally not a fan of cross overs either, I understand a couple here and there, things happen throughout the year & you need someone to fill in, but I don't really like the idea of purposfully having athletes on like 2 or 3 different teams for the whole year. It works for some though, I guess. I like NCA's crossover rules, I think they're fair. I also don't like the argument, "we need 20 crossovers to have multiplle teams" or something along those lines. I don't think a gym needs 6+ teams in order to be successful. Look @ Georgia the last 2 years. I'd rahter have 2 rockin' teams then 4 or 5 but have about 20 crossovers. IMO.

Im fine with a few crossovers, especially at smaller gyms - just to maybe max out numbers on a team. I know our gym for example, had 14 level 3s after tryouts and only like 14 level 4's. To have four stunts up, we would need 16 people, we we had two crossovers from levels above. As soon as we had some new people join after our season started, we took them out. Now we only have 1 cross ove on level 2 (this is per request of parent), 1 one level 3, and none on level 4.

i'm okay with crossovers. i know a few of my teammates who just want to cheer all day, everyday and they love being on 2 different teams and if they could they would be on all the teams in my gym. :)
however, i dislike when a team is filled with crossovers. for example, the senior open 5 division is bound to have a lot of crossovers from another level 5 team within a gym. but when the team is filled with mostly crossovers it's a little bit much.

ARI3L said:
Personally not a fan of cross overs either, I understand a couple here and there, things happen throughout the year & you need someone to fill in, but I don't really like the idea of purposfully having athletes on like 2 or 3 different teams for the whole year. It works for some though, I guess. I like NCA's crossover rules, I think they're fair. I also don't like the argument, "we need 20 crossovers to have multiplle teams" or something along those lines. I don't think a gym needs 6+ teams in order to be successful. Look @ Georgia the last 2 years. I'd rahter have 2 rockin' teams then 4 or 5 but have about 20 crossovers. IMO.

Somehow using Georgia as an example doesn't work. I mean really Georgia has rocking teams for the past 2 years because it's GEORGIA....Not everyone has the luxury of a big name to pull the talent. Crossovers to me are fine I just hate to see entire teams of crossovers. :sumo:

I don't like it. I think its only acceptable for injuries and small gyms (sometimes, it depends).

My daughter crosses over because she is a level 5 tumbler but has always been a base and decided she wanted to learn to fly (she is 10 years old). She is tiny but not flexible and has to work hard on stretching. She is crossing over to a level 2 team so she can learn to be a flyer from the beginning with proper technique, body positions and flexibility. She is having a blast!

Back