Curlformers And Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cdns

Cheer Parent
Feb 6, 2017
Am going to use curlformers to curl my CP hair for a competition this month...

...to get volume in the ponytail I have to backcomb, do I curl before or after back combing?

You cannot put curlformers in after backcombing. They go in wet and set overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol she has slept in them lots of times, they don't seem to bother her! I don't think I could sleep with them on
My cp hated sleeping in them but back in the day when they needed to have curls that looked like that, but it was the only thing that worked. There was a mom on here from Twisters a few years ago who said she put her cp's hair in the curl formers then put a hair dryer bonnet over them. It only took an hour to dry that way and she would do it in the morning rather than having her sleep in them and it came out gorgeous. I never tried it though on mine.

I would recommend borrowing a set before purchasing. We didn't end up liking them. I tried to return for refund or store credit and was told not returnable. Since we use them once on her hair I understand, but wish I would have borrowed a set to see if we liked them, before spending the $$.

She loves them in her hair... They are heavy though.

I now swear by fake hair... let me correct that fake CHEAP hair. A lot of our friends bought one of the expensive brands but we went a different route $16 amazon and a $30 piece at a local wig store for one of my other girls. All 3 look good take minutes to sew in and then a minute to cut out and they are back to their own hair undamaged and happy. 6 plus years doing cheer and I wish I had done this years ago.

I now swear by fake hair... let me correct that fake CHEAP hair. A lot of our friends bought one of the expensive brands but we went a different route $16 amazon and a $30 piece at a local wig store for one of my other girls. All 3 look good take minutes to sew in and then a minute to cut out and they are back to their own hair undamaged and happy. 6 plus years doing cheer and I wish I had done this years ago.
Anything that involves sewing in hair is immediately kicked to the curb in my life. I thank the cheer gods that my daughter is old enough to do her own hair, and if she has any difficulty a teammate can always help out.

Didn't think about sewing them in, she has a one piece long clip in extension, I just used the clips last time...Might sew it in as well this time just to make sure it doesn't move for the whole day!

Anything that involves sewing in hair is immediately kicked to the curb in my life. I thank the cheer gods that my daughter is old enough to do her own hair, and if she has any difficulty a teammate can always help out.
Even my husband can do it.. takes minutes and the big thing is no damage to their own hair... that is the part I like. My older 2 could do their own hair but I like the no damage factor and since they are already doing their makeup 30 minutes - 45 minutes and I'm done with 3 kids and that is if I REALLY take my time.

Didn't think about sewing them in, she has a one piece long clip in extension, I just used the clips last time...Might sew it in as well this time just to make sure it doesn't move for the whole day!
Always safer no hair on the mat.

Yeh...hers won't come out, it's clipped in then has hair elastics around as well, so is very secure, just may help it to lay flatter.. Will see tomorrow if she will let me do it!

Just bought 2 hairpieces for my girls! Love them!!!!! Hated the curl formers! Both girls have long thick hair and took me forever to put them in! I also got them on Amazon...I think they were 12.99! They look amazing, stayed in great and got so many compliments on their hair! I ended up ordering 5 more for other moms on our team! Should have got these 5 yrs ago! I tied a rubber band inside and wrap it around the bun for extra support. Hair done in 10 minutes! Can u tell how happy I am with theses! Lol!

Back