All-Star D1 Summit Bids For West Coast Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

torycf

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2011
Am I crazy or does it seem like there are aren't very many bids for West Coast teams? I admit I haven't studied every division but in my CP's division ( small senior 3) I do not recognize one even one gym as being
from the west coast. There are some in D2 but not D1. And we won't turn down wild cards. We just want the experience of attending. Am I wrong?

Am I crazy or does it seem like there are aren't very many bids for West Coast teams? I admit I haven't studied every division but in my CP's division ( small senior 3) I do not recognize one even one gym as being
from the west coast. There are some in D2 but not D1. And we won't turn down wild cards. We just want the experience of attending. Am I wrong?

I guess I am crazy cause 50 views and no responses...oh well I accept the crazy

I can't speak for Summit since I don't know much about the bids, but I used to see a LOT of complaining about the lack of Worlds bid competitions on the West coast, and this year it seems that there are very few worlds teams that have attended the bid comps out West. I have no idea how well attended the competitions who offer Summit bids has been, but teams need to attend comps so that the EPs have enough money to award bids.

Well, what I've seen is a lot of D1 bids going to level 1 teams. Cali seems to be only taking paid bids. Cheerforce did get a small coed level 3. Nor Cal is doing very well in the bid department.

You're not crazy. AND as much as kids/parents/coaches want to go to Summit, every year there is some change/upgrade/modification that's done to the D1&D2 Summits that it really makes it feel like a big money grab. I'm sorry, but when wildcards are being handed to 5th place teams it seems ridiculous and not at all as exclusive as it first felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not crazy. AND as much as kids/parents/coaches want to go to Summit, every year there is some change/upgrade/modification that's done to the D1&D2 Summits that it really makes it feel like a big money grab. I'm sorry, but when wildcards are being handed to 5th place teams it seems ridiculous and not at all as exclusive as it first felt.

It has always been a money grab. Summit was created because Varsity saw an opportunity from so many parents complaining that their kids weren't able to get the Worlds experience. This board was full of threads about the subject for years. This competition used to be regional and the National winner was determined by video. No one had to spend money to travel, no school or work was missed. "We" (meaning parents) fed the monster - Varsity just is providing what people asked for.

It has always been a money grab. Summit was created because Varsity saw an opportunity from so many parents complaining that their kids weren't able to get the Worlds experience. This board was full of threads about the subject for years. This competition used to be regional and the National winner was determined by video. No one had to spend money to travel, no school or work was missed. "We" (meaning parents) fed the monster - Varsity just is providing what people asked for.
Totally agree...and each year they figure out how to shake us down a little bit more.

You are definitely not crazy! The frustrating thing is that there are so few bids, especially in the Pacific Northwest, yet teams from CO, NV, CA, etc will travel up to compete for them. Yes, it is completely their right to do that, but TX is pretty close to those states, and they have so many more bids than the PNW has.

Yes, very few bids here on the west coast. When people talk about non first place teams gettings bids I am shocked! There aren't even many chances for wildcard bids. I'm hoping that with the varsity acquisition of GSSA there will be more competitions with bids in the Bay Area. Remember when GSSA and Aloha had big 2 day comps in San Jose and Sacramento?

Yes, very few bids here on the west coast. When people talk about non first place teams gettings bids I am shocked! There aren't even many chances for wildcard bids. I'm hoping that with the varsity acquisition of GSSA there will be more competitions with bids in the Bay Area. Remember when GSSA and Aloha had big 2 day comps in San Jose and Sacramento?

Yes! I remember when GSSA would have the huge Super Six Comp in San Jose. Varsity really needs to step up their Northern California game-too few comps with regular bids (only wildcards and not even enough of those). Then teams wouldn't have to travel to Washington, Las Vegas, and So Cal so much. Southern California is saturated with big gyms-it feels like throwing away money to go down there. I was at an awards ceremony at Spirit Sports this weekend where 1,2,and 3rd place all went to California Allstars teams. And all the Summit bids went to So Cal teams I believe.

Yes! I remember when GSSA would have the huge Super Six Comp in San Jose. Varsity really needs to step up their Northern California game-too few comps with regular bids (only wildcards and not even enough of those). Then teams wouldn't have to travel to Washington, Las Vegas, and So Cal so much. Southern California is saturated with big gyms-it feels like throwing away money to go down there. I was at an awards ceremony at Spirit Sports this weekend where 1,2,and 3rd place all went to California Allstars teams. And all the Summit bids went to So Cal teams I believe.

Being from the east coast, there is a ton of competition for bids as well. How large was the comp last weekend? How many bids were available? This weekend our comp is huge with only 6 total bids.

Super six still exists - we attended this year, but it was in LA. the competition was TINY. no more than 3 competitors in each division, and more than half of the divisions, including ours, was just one team.

Super six still exists - we attended this year, but it was in LA. the competition was TINY. no more than 3 competitors in each division, and more than half of the divisions, including ours, was just one team.

That's really sad- when it was in San Jose it seemed HUGE and everyone came up from SoCal for a change instead of how it is now....with all of the big comps in SoCal....

Well, what I've seen is a lot of D1 bids going to level 1 teams. Cali seems to be only taking paid bids. Cheerforce did get a small coed level 3. Nor Cal is doing very well in the bid department.

Yes. Cali is only taking paid bids this year. As much as I would like my daughter to go back to summit to try to keep the title they won last year , my wallet is happy that I might not have to spend that kind of money again.

Back