All-Star D1 Summit Bids For West Coast Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

50b5f8903ea2c860a0a48af65d4051fa.png

Bids from Spirit Sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's strange to see no Cali bids from Spirit Sports!

Honestly, while a paid bid is nice, the $550 or whatever is sort of a drop in the bucket in the overall cost of going (sadly).
Same goes for Worlds. The award amount of $650/athlete hasn't changed ever I don't think - definitely not for at least 6 years. However, the costs to attend continue to increase year after year.

You know maybe more gyms should only accept Paid Bids. I mean if you know you it is all or nothing you will push yourself harder. Also, if they are handing out WC bids like candy it is about the "$" and the competition becomes a joke. Now, this is my CP first year and I have heard a lot of cheer parents say the same thing about the Summit and how it is not as exclusive as it used to be and it is because there are so many WC bids handed out.

You know maybe more gyms should only accept Paid Bids. I mean if you know you it is all or nothing you will push yourself harder. Also, if they are handing out WC bids like candy it is about the "$" and the competition becomes a joke. Now, this is my CP first year and I have heard a lot of cheer parents say the same thing about the Summit and how it is not as exclusive as it used to be and it is because there are so many WC bids handed out.

Personally we haven't seen many wildcard bids, we've only attended one comp that was giving out a wildcard and it went to a first place division champ team.

In Northern California, it's mainly wild cards that are given out with maybe two competitions that give out a few at large and paid.
In the Bay Area, it's just San Jose and the Cow Palace one (which is new this year!) for at large bids. Would never say that WC bids are being handed out like candy here. They are going to teams with scores of 95+.

I'm agreeing about the Wildcard bids. The ones given out at our first competition we're awards to teams that won their divisions or grand champs of their level. Definitely not handed out like candy. That's the only competition we've been to that has handed out wildcard bids. But we're in the Midwest and bids are scarce here anyway.

I'm from the east coast and the wildcard event we went to seemed fair not like they were just handing them out to whoever...It was a Jam Live event and the bids went to the highest scoring youth, junior and senior team regardless of level. Yes one of those teams had placed 3rd and got a bid but its because the teams that had outscored them already had at large bids

I'm agreeing about the Wildcard bids. The ones given out at our first competition we're awards to teams that won their divisions or grand champs of their level. Definitely not handed out like candy. That's the only competition we've been to that has handed out wildcard bids. But we're in the Midwest and bids are scarce here anyway.

We were probably at that same comp ( I see you're from Kansas). Our gym owner used to not accept WC's but she told our teams last year that those are just as much as an honor these days as at-large and paids. Our second comp of the year was the only one we've been to that have passed out WC's and our Y1 and J2 both received them. They both won the divisions as well as grand champs. Very hard to get bids around here!

We were probably at that same comp ( I see you're from Kansas). Our gym owner used to not accept WC's but she told our teams last year that those are just as much as an honor these days as at-large and paids. Our second comp of the year was the only one we've been to that have passed out WC's and our Y1 and J2 both received them. They both won the divisions as well as grand champs. Very hard to get bids around here!

You're probably right! Our J1 received one, and our J2 is going on a paid bid.

I live in Kansas, but the gym I coach at is in Missouri. Bids are definitely not easy for Midwest teams! Especially in Kansas and Missouri.

Yes. Cali is only taking paid bids this year. As much as I would like my daughter to go back to summit to try to keep the title they won last year , my wallet is happy that I might not have to spend that kind of money again.

My CP12 is going to be so disappointed! Cali is her dream gym! She was hoping to be able to compete against them. So far, our division only has 4 at large and 2 wild card bids.

You are definitely not crazy! The frustrating thing is that there are so few bids, especially in the Pacific Northwest, yet teams from CO, NV, CA, etc will travel up to compete for them. Yes, it is completely their right to do that, but TX is pretty close to those states, and they have so many more bids than the PNW has.

There isn't that much in NorCal. That's why we travel. Wild card bids are so much money so we have to look at larger events.

Don't be fooled! Bids of all Levels are very hard to get.

This might not be the best place to ask this, but I'm not finding a better thread to ask. A gym in our area is taking two teams to NCA. One is large senior 4 and the other large senior 3 division 2. Can one gym have one team division 1 and the other division 2? I have no beef either way, I was just curious.

Latest posts

Back