All-Star D1 Summit Bids For West Coast Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know maybe more gyms should only accept Paid Bids. I mean if you know you it is all or nothing you will push yourself harder. Also, if they are handing out WC bids like candy it is about the "$" and the competition becomes a joke. Now, this is my CP first year and I have heard a lot of cheer parents say the same thing about the Summit and how it is not as exclusive as it used to be and it is because there are so many WC bids handed out.

Personally I think any bid to Summit is hard to get. Think of how many teams compete for 3 WC bids that r usually offered. Now that the top 3 move on, I think more teams r accepting them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Cheer All-Stars - All-Stars
It's public. It's on their website. They can own it. (And my first guess was correct... though it really could have only been one of two programs)
Totally curious what the other program might be? But yes, all that info is public. And since the program advertises it, I assume it is something they view as positive. Their Cen Cal teams are pretty amazing.

ETA: I expect that that part of the program is where we'll see some development in the next few years.

It's public. It's on their website. They can own it. (And my first guess was correct... though it really could have only been one of two programs)
So odd. Any chance that is their idea of marketing? Doesn't even say if they are looking for bases, flyers or what.

So odd. Any chance that is their idea of marketing? Doesn't even say if they are looking for bases, flyers or what.
I'd definitely guess that an immediate trip, and decent finish at the summitt might endear people to the program. Also a great way to get people now who were contemplating leaving rival gyms in the near future. But yeah, it kind of also speaks to how you might be treated once there... and with numbers so close to the limit, I'm not entirely sure what happens to the kids who get replaced.

Totally curious what the other program might be? But yes, all that info is public. And since the program advertises it, I assume it is something they view as positive. Their Cen Cal teams are pretty amazing.

ETA: I expect that that part of the program is where we'll see some development in the next few years.

LOL yeah I'm wondering who the other gym might be also...cause they are the only ones that I can think of in NorCal who even do something like this....the whole win win win at any cost-yikes! My CP started in this sport almost a decade ago and I was side-eyeing them then just because of the attitude of the athletes. If my child was in that program now, even if they weren't one of ones potentially on the chopping block (Hunger Games anyone?) I would be wondering if that's what kind of environment I would want to pay for for my child to be involved in...

Also looking at their facebook page (sorry for stalking but I'm from the Northeast and have never heard of them) They say 9 out of 10 teams have bids and are automatically advancing to day 2??? How does that work?

Also looking at their facebook page (sorry for stalking but I'm from the Northeast and have never heard of them) They say 9 out of 10 teams have bids and are automatically advancing to day 2??? How does that work?
Teams with at large bids don't go Day 1, it's just wildcards.

But then would they even compete day 1?

Day 1 (Friday) is solely for teams with wildcard bids. Teams with an at-large or paid bid do not compete until Day 2 (Saturday).

Power Cheer All-Stars - All-Stars
Wow their website made me cringe!!!
"PLEASE NOTE - IF MORE THAN ONE ATHLETE IS APPLYING FOR THE POSITION AND SKILL SETS ARE EQUAL... THE SPOT WILL BE GIVEN TO THE ATHLETE JOINING OUR FAMILY FOR NEXT SEASON..."
Like wtf??? And I can't imagine being someone on the teams whose spot is in jeopardy!

"PLEASE NOTE - IF MORE THAN ONE ATHLETE IS APPLYING FOR THE POSITION AND SKILL SETS ARE EQUAL... THE SPOT WILL BE GIVEN TO THE ATHLETE JOINING OUR FAMILY FOR NEXT SEASON..."
Like wtf??? And I can't imagine being someone on the teams whose spot is in jeopardy!

That is crazy that they post about present athletes being asked to leave possibly!

Their entire site is cringeworthy as far as how it has been written.
I checked their "skillrequirements" and maybe its just me but doing a roundoff-bhs-backtuck should not be a skill needed to score in the high range at a level 2/4.2 team.
If you have your tuck, you should be on level 3, as they claim to select teams on both running and standing tumbling as the highest priority, and only then be looking at building skills.

Maybe this styleworks for the kids they have now, but its not for me.
I would hate that environment and im an adult. Cant imagine this pressure on a youth athlete.
If my coach ever decides to start doing it like this, I would leave running.
There is absolutely no reason to have a "choppingblock" threat over your head all season. Its what i disliked about the cheerleaders show the few first seasons and them continuously emphasizing that one aspect. Im glad that it atleast seems way less than usual this season.

Can someone post the fb link, cant find their regular one, just the check-in.
Im sort of curious.... :s

Back