College D1a Small Coed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
I've never followed UCA much, so I never noticed before. Why does UCA have small coed division 1 and 2, but doesn't have that option for D1A schools? I know some schools that are D1A, like Minnesota, have a small coed team, but they don't get to compete because of UCA lacking a division for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think we will see a Division IA Small Coed at next year's UCA College Nationals, considering the fact that small coed college squads are growing every year. We shall see.

I've never followed UCA much, so I never noticed before. Why does UCA have small coed division 1 and 2, but doesn't have that option for D1A schools? I know some schools that are D1A, like Minnesota, have a small coed team, but they don't get to compete because of UCA lacking a division for them.

I think it is to keep the divisions as competitive as possible.
UCA, I don't believe, wants anyone winning by default when there are other options to increase the competition.

There is no Juco division anymore, just Open Division. This pits jucos and small schools and the like against one another for increased competition in that division. Makes people bring their A game.

I think it is to keep the divisions as competitive as possible.
UCA, I don't believe, wants anyone winning by default when there are other options to increase the competition.

There is no Juco division anymore, just Open Division. This pits jucos and small schools and the like against one another for increased competition in that division. Makes people bring their A game.

I don't get it, are they afraid teams would cut to four boys to sandbag? How does that keep the division's more competitive?

I do think we will see a Division IA Small Coed at next year's UCA College Nationals, considering the fact that small coed college squads are growing every year. We shall see.

I hope! I think it might give people a shot to break the UCF/Kentucky dynasty

I don't get it, are they afraid teams would cut to four boys to sandbag? How does that keep the division's more competitive?
What's the point of having just two compete against each other or a team in a division alone. Broadening the division allows for competition between the routines and teams and what theyre putting on the mat.

What's the point of having just two compete against each other or a team in a division alone. Broadening the division allows for competition between the routines and teams and what theyre putting on the mat.

Oh okay I get it now, I was confused because I was operating under the assumption that many schools would field a team were there to be a division! Do you think it would be underutilized?

(Sorry for the late reply. Finals)

D1A schools are allowed to compete in small coed 1 at UCA

Back