D2 Help Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 27, 2017
Hi! New to fierce board and I have a question I know someone can answer! So much great info on here! So, my daughter got a Wild Card bid to D2. Her team right now is the only one in her division for D2 Wild Card. What happens if there are no other teams in her WC division? She is on a large team and I have heard 2 things:
1. They group them with the small teams in her Level.
2. They move on to the next round.

Which is correct?
Thanks for your help!!!

What if you move to finals on Sunday being the only team?

Last edited:
I don't really have an answer, because they haven't published this info. But I would imagine that if they have a WC but other people in their division on at larges and paids they will advance to finals in that division. There are a couple of divisions that currently have only one or two teams total at present, and I don't know if they will combine those. But there are tons more bids to be distributed before May.

Hi! New to fierce board and I have a question I know someone can answer! So much great info on here! So, my daughter got a Wild Card bid to D2. Her team right now is the only one in her division for D2 Wild Card. What happens if there are no other teams in her WC division? She is on a large team and I have heard 2 things:

Which is correct?
Thanks for your help!!!

I really hope they don't combine them with the small teams. It can be so difficult being on a large team and competing against all those small teams.
Good luck at D2!

Which is correct?
Thanks for your help!!!

If there is only one team in the Wild card round, the team will compete on Friday and then move to Finals on Sunday. If there are two teams in the Wild card round, both teams will compete on Friday and then move to Finals on Sunday. If there are three or more teams in the Wild card round, the first and second place team will move to Finals on Sunday, and the third place team will move to the Semi-Final round.

If there is only one team in the Wild card round, the team will compete on Friday and then move to Finals on Sunday. If there are two teams in the Wild card round, both teams will compete on Friday and then move to Finals on Sunday. If there are three or more teams in the Wild card round, the first and second place team will move to Finals on Sunday, and the third place team will move to the Semi-Final round.

Side note @The Road to the Summit but I really enjoy your FB page and website. My daughter got an AL bid last month and I've learned tons from you already.

Thank you! Road to th

Thank you The Road to the Summit! I always follow your posts....soooo helpful and informative! Love the bid reveal updates!

I don't really have an answer, because they haven't published this info. But I would imagine that if they have a WC but other people in their division on at larges and paids they will advance to finals in that division. There are a couple of divisions that currently have only one or two teams total at present, and I don't know if they will combine those. But there are tons more bids to be distributed before May.
Yes...tons of bids left! My daughter is on 2 teams that got WC Bids. This is our 3rd yr going, but first year at D2.

I saw on twitter that a list of teams who have registered is available through Varsity. I noticed that there were a few teams that have registered, but are not on your list of bids awarded. Do you know the reason for this?
The list released today by Varsity includes only those teams that have REGISTERED for the SUMMIT competitions. The list that I email out every week includes ALL teams that were awarded bids as released from the Monday Bid Reveals.

The registration timelines for the SUMMIT competitions are:
  • If your qualifying competition takes place in October, November or December, registration and deposit are due no later than January 18, 2017 / Final payment is due February 15, 2017

• If your qualifying competition takes place in January, registration and deposit are due no later than February 15, 2017 / Final payment is due March 15, 2017

• If your qualifying competition takes place in February, registration and deposit are due no later than March 15, 2017 / Final payment is due April 12, 2017

• If you qualifying competition takes place in March or April, registration and full payment is due no later than April 12, 2017

Therefore, Varsity's list does not include some teams if they have not yet registered.

The list released today by Varsity includes only those teams that have REGISTERED for the SUMMIT competitions. The list that I email out every week includes ALL teams that were awarded bids as released from the Monday Bid Reveals.

The registration timelines for the SUMMIT competitions are:
  • If your qualifying competition takes place in October, November or December, registration and deposit are due no later than January 18, 2017 / Final payment is due February 15, 2017

• If your qualifying competition takes place in January, registration and deposit are due no later than February 15, 2017 / Final payment is due March 15, 2017

• If your qualifying competition takes place in February, registration and deposit are due no later than March 15, 2017 / Final payment is due April 12, 2017

• If you qualifying competition takes place in March or April, registration and full payment is due no later than April 12, 2017

Therefore, Varsity's list does not include some teams if they have not yet registered.
I think she is saying the other way around. Teams that have registered, but were not on the Monday night bid reveals, therefore not on your list. The most likely explanation for this is that those teams declined their bid within the allotted time period (72 hours? I believe) and that bid got passed down to someone else.

I think she is saying the other way around. Teams that have registered, but were not on the Monday night bid reveals, therefore not on your list. The most likely explanation for this is that those teams declined their bid within the allotted time period (72 hours? I believe) and that bid got passed down to someone else.

Yes, sorry, typing on a cell phone. In some cases, if a gym turned down a bid and it was awarded to another team, or if there was an error with the bid reveal, there would be some teams that I didn't know about because they were not included in the reveal.

Back