All-Star D2 Summit Newbie Bus Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 23, 2014
Hey, everyone. We have received our first Summit bid for the D2 Summit this year. I am trying to put together the itinerary for the parents tonight, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get to the Wide world of sports from our hotel (All-star sports resort) with the shuttle buses. Just an average time will work because I'm sure it changes from time to time depending on the time of day, etc. Trying to get a general time to tell the parents so they have an idea on what to plan for.

Thanks!!

Ok thanks!! That is less time than I allotted us, so we should be good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey, everyone. We have received our first Summit bid for the D2 Summit this year. I am trying to put together the itinerary for the parents tonight, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get to the Wide world of sports from our hotel (All-star sports resort) with the shuttle buses. Just an average time will work because I'm sure it changes from time to time depending on the time of day, etc. Trying to get a general time to tell the parents so they have an idea on what to plan for.

Thanks!!
Less than 10 minutes with traffic.

Keep in mind you MIGHT have to wait 5/10 min to get on a bus. and the walk from where the bus drops you off to the venue itself is about a 10 min walk (if you hustle).
For worlds- if we had to watch a team at 3:00pm we would be on the bus by 2:00. Which meant meeting outside our rooms as a team and walking to the buses at 1:45.

Keep in mind you MIGHT have to wait 5/10 min to get on a bus. and the walk from where the bus drops you off to the venue itself is about a 10 min walk (if you hustle).
For worlds- if we had to watch a team at 3:00pm we would be on the bus by 2:00. Which meant meeting outside our rooms as a team and walking to the buses at 1:45.
Awesome. I gave us an hour, so I may add a little more time especially since no one from our program has been to summit or worlds.

Also prepare your parents to the possibility of having to travel on separate buses than the team. Last year we went to the D1 Summit and they would take the cheerleaders first and any leftover seats went to the spectators

Also prepare your parents to the possibility of having to travel on separate buses than the team. Last year we went to the D1 Summit and they would take the cheerleaders first and any leftover seats went to the spectators
That is good to know!! I'm assuming the coaches got to go with the cheerleaders. Is that right?

That is good to know!! I'm assuming the coaches got to go with the cheerleaders. Is that right?

As far as I know....Ours definitely were able to.. I think they look at your laynards to determine who gets first seats. Coaches and athletes obviously need to be there for certain times so they get first dibs. Also I don't know where you are staying but All Star Music and All Star Sports both get on at Celebrity hall while All Star Movies gets to get on out back of their hotel

Thank you so much!! We are at sports, so that is good to know also.

With us being new to the venue and competition we are just trying to give the parents as much good information as we can.

Thank you so much!! We are at sports, so that is good to know also.

With us being new to the venue and competition we are just trying to give the parents as much good information as we can.

You are very welcome....last year was my first year attending and everyone was so nice and helpful, both the varsity staff and Disney staff make the process super easy :)

You are very welcome....last year was my first year attending and everyone was so nice and helpful, both the varsity staff and Disney staff make the process super easy :)
Yeah I figured it would be easy to figure out once we were there. But the more info I can give the parents the better.

Yeah I figured it would be easy to figure out once we were there. But the more info I can give the parents the better.

Absolutely I am the type of parent who likes to plan everything so I would find this info totally helpful :)

I would leave as much time as possible because sometimes the buses can be unpredictable and you might not be able to get on the first one if people are waiting. Also I know during summit last year we were waiting and a bus never came so we waited over 45 minutes for one.

I would leave as much time as possible because sometimes the buses can be unpredictable and you might not be able to get on the first one if people are waiting. Also I know during summit last year we were waiting and a bus never came so we waited over 45 minutes for one.
Well that would not be good at all!! I'll let everyone know what the possibilities could be then we'll make a plan and hope for the best ha ha.

Thank you!!

Any people in your party who are not on the package or want to drive, leave extra time, there is so much traffic in and out of WWOS for any of these events and parking and walking can take an hour. :)

Back