All-Star D2 Summit Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlockHead

Cheer Parent
Sep 20, 2013
I am curious about how a couple of D2 Summit things work. My CP is D1, so this isn't something that I am familiar with.

Can a gym switch from trying to get D2 bids to D1 bids during the season?
When do they have to declare whether they will be D1 or D2 for specific competitions?
Can a D2 gym have some teams going to D2 Summit and others going to D1 Summit?

Satellite locations of a big gym (like say cheer extreme has a second location with the correct # of athletes) can't qualify since their main gym has too big a number of athletes

They declare it through the number of athletes in the certain gym and if they are attached.

I dunno it depends. Could a team with D2 population qualify for D1?

D2 gyms can choose to go to either Summit. You submit the number of athletes in your program through USASF. If the number goes over then you are automatically adjusted from D2 to D1 but not vice versa.

Gyms just have to declare when registering for the event which bids they want. You can't choose to go for both at the same event. You can choose to go for Summit bids even if you qualify for D2.

I am pretty positive if a D2 gym had 1 team get a bid to D2 Summit and another team get a bid to the Summit, they can go to both.

So they can't choose to go for both types of bids at a one event? As there is a gym up here that has their older teams going D1 but their younger teams as going D2....do they have to declare diffrently at each event or is it just team specific when they declare? I'm curious to how this works

We are a D2 gym and we have teams going to both Summits. At each competition we have to declare what type of bid each team is willing to accept. So yes it's possible to have teams from the same D2 gym at the same event and some teams going after D2 summit bids and some going after D1 summit bids. However you can't have a team going after both D1 and D2 summit bids at an event.

We are a D2 gym and we have teams going to both Summits. At each competition we have to declare what type of bid each team is willing to accept. So yes it's possible to have teams from the same D2 gym at the same event and some teams going after D2 summit bids and some going after D1 summit bids. However you can't have a team going after both D1 and D2 summit bids at an event.

When does your team have to declare what type of bid they want?

So they can't choose to go for both types of bids at a one event? As there is a gym up here that has their older teams going D1 but their younger teams as going D2....do they have to declare diffrently at each event or is it just team specific when they declare? I'm curious to how this works
I wasn't clear when I said you can't go for both at the same event.
Say you bring 2 teams, one can declare D2 Summit and the other the Summit.

You just can't be like "give me either one". You have to choose for each team which one you want to be eligible for.

When does your team have to declare what type of bid they want?
Some events we have to do it prior to the event like the week of. We email them what each team will accept and some events we do it when we check in at the event.

I wasn't clear when I said you can't go for both at the same event.
Say you bring 2 teams, one can declare D2 Summit and the other the Summit.

You just can't be like "give me either one". You have to choose for each team which one you want to be eligible for.
AHHH ok that makes sense :)

Back