All-Star D2 Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, WC round only top 3 teams move on. 1st and 2nd place to Sunday, 3rd to sat to compete in at large "semi finals" round.

That note is more for the AL round.
That's incorrect. It has been personally confirmed to myself by summit staff that this does include wc rounds. It just has not been announced how many teams will be moving on.

That's incorrect. It has been personally confirmed to myself by summit staff that this does include wc rounds. It just has not been announced how many teams will be moving on.

Awesome! Thank you for clarifying!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for clarification on this note on the D2 summit page:

NEW for 2018: *Divisions with 30 or more teams will have additional teams advance to the next round(s)

Does this include the Wild Card round? The note doesn't include or exclude the wild card round. If anything I'd hope it includes wild card since that's the round with an abundance of teams.
Doesn’t include wildcard

efc27edb858ed213d075f9ed40c69591.jpg

WC Round:

29 teams or less : 1st and 2nd move to finals, 3rd goes to semis

31-50 teams: 1st and 2nd move to finals, 3rd and 4th move to semis

51-60 teams: 1st, 2nd, 3rd move to finals, 4th, and 5th move to semis

61 + teams: 1st, 2nd, 3rd move to finals, 4th, 5th, and 6th move to semis

All divisions with 10 or less In Semi finals have 5 teams advance to finals

Divisions with 11-19 teams, 50% move to finals

Divisions with 20-30 teams in semi finals will have 10 teams move to finals

Divisions with 31-55 will have max 12 teams advance to finals

All divisions with 56+ will have max 14 teams move to finals

Last edited:
Small Y1 has 74 wild card bids, 25 paid and 55 at large for a whopping 154 teams competing for 14 teams from semi-finals and 3 from wild card round. If I’m reading the FAQ right, 17 out of 154 Y1 teams will compete at finals?

The FAQ says divisions with 56+ will have 50% with a max of 14 advancing from semi to finals. 14 is never 50% of 56...
With a division as large as sm Y1, wouldn’t an additional elimination round make more sense? Just my opinion here, but how is this comp so prestigious if there are so many teams competing. It just seems like bids are given away like candy.

Back