D2summit 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have never been to the Summit at Disney (attended D2 last year at Tampa). However, I have been to several comps at the ESPN center and they have all been a great experience. I think it goes without saying, but it is definitely a larger competition than most. Plan ahead for when you want to visit the parks and make sure you arrive earlier than you need to be there (traffic is terrible!)
I actually mean D2!

Odd question but did y'all dress for theme park or did you dress for comp?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Our team got customized mickey ears and we wore our team tshirt to the park on Friday and then competed in our uniforms. Remember I've never been to the Summit at Disney (D2 was in tampa last year, so we didn't go to any parks). I'm talking about when we went to the ESPN center at Disney for a different competition.

It's usually up to the coaches if they want the team to dress the same at the parks.

If you're asking if I dressed like I normally would for a comp or if I dressed for the park, definitely park. I mean when we were at the WWOS we would wear gym apparel to cheer on our athletes but if we had a free day at the park just comfortable park type clothes. Your park time is really going to depend on your gym, performance times/days. Last year we arrived on Wednesday and after checking in and everything we just hung out at the hotel, Thursday was spent at the park and Friday the teams had practice and a curfew for an early Saturday morning performance so no park time. Saturday was spent at ESPN and since we didn't move on, Sunday at the park.

That's what I was asking! I normally wear jeans and a team shirt with cute shoes to comp but I was torn on wearing shorts, tank (park clothes) since we will be inside some and outside some.

That's what I was asking! I normally wear jeans and a team shirt with cute shoes to comp but I was torn on wearing shorts, tank (park clothes) since we will be inside some and outside some.
Last year it was soooooo hot....granted I am from NH so my definition of hot may differ from others ;) my advice is to wear shorts and a tank top but bring a lightweight long sleeve that you can slip on.....if your CP is performing in the HP field house or the J center it can get a little chilly in there, but if its in Arena North or South I found those tents to be pretty warm :) Hope that helps

Does anyone know where the official practices will be? Last year for summit it was at Coronado Springs. The email doesn't say about this year. I have to pick cp commuter package up at Coronado so I'm hoping practice is there lol

Will rankings in wild card be released too? Or do they just announce who moves on?

Back