OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

SL&AM

Cheer Parent
May 13, 2014
Does anyone watch this show?

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it's turned into my newest obsession. I binged on Season 9 a few months ago on YouTube and then found all of the prior seasons on the CMT website so I've now watched them all and am watching Season 10.

Someone tell me I'm not alone---I don't know why I find this show so interesting, but I do.

Love DCC MTT. It's one of the only shows I watch live. It was revealed last night that Shelby (training camp candidate this year) was a Panther. And how about how Cami Branson (she's over 18 so I guess I'm allowed to say her name) auditioned and didn't make it in?

I have seen every episode of the past 3 seasons. I want to watch all the old seasons too, but I need to find the time and figure out how to get them to play on my regular TV.

I watched a couple of older seasons a few years ago. I'm in the middle of Cheerleaders Season 3 and Big Love, plus I want to watch Cheer Full Out and Cheerleaders NJ. But now I have to add this to my list too!

Love DCC MTT. It's one of the only shows I watch live. It was revealed last night that Shelby (training camp candidate this year) was a Panther. And how about how Cami Branson (she's over 18 so I guess I'm allowed to say her name) auditioned and didn't make it in?

I have seen every episode of the past 3 seasons. I want to watch all the old seasons too, but I need to find the time and figure out how to get them to play on my regular TV.
I believe Cami royally screwed up the dance, she pretty much forgot everything.

If you look on CAs website under Alumni, there are lots of people listed under Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:
I've known Shelbi (CA panther) ever since I was little. She made it to training camp and then was cut. She's a Texas Star Dancer now (she's done that the past 2 years I think?)

I wasn't able to figure out how to get them on my TV, so I watched via the website. I would have preferred TV!

I have watched all 10 seasons. Not even sorry!

I find the selection process for professional dance to be so interesting.

As in, it's not just dance, but hair, figure, etc.

I also have a friend from college who has done quite a few semi-pro and minor league auditions and the procesd seems more intense than any cheer thing I ever tried out for.

Double post, but I also see you all posting about all star cheerleaders trying out.

I'd imagine that that is an adjustment for someone with limited dance experience, no?

Ex: I could kill a cheer dance at these girl's ages, but if you'd given me a DCC routine, if it wasn't super pom-y, I couldn't even!

Double post, but I also see you all posting about all star cheerleaders trying out.

I'd imagine that that is an adjustment for someone with limited dance experience, no?

Ex: I could kill a cheer dance at these girl's ages, but if you'd given me a DCC routine, if it wasn't super pom-y, I couldn't even!

I think a lot of it depends on the girl. I switched from cheer to dance pretty seamlessly without an issue, but I'd image it isn't that way for everyone.

I assumed with all the talk of Cami's mom being a DCC alumni, that if this was something Cami really wanted, they would have had her in dance lessons. Allstar cheer alone will not make you into the dancer required by DCC. She has the look and personality, but without the dance she wouldn't make it to the final round.

Pure speculation on my part - but I remember posts of pictures of her meeting with DCC MTT long before she tried out. Part of me thinks they may have put her through in the beginning solely for her follower count/advertisement/publicity she could give them. and her looks and mom being an alumni don't hurt the show's storyline either.

I love this show! I always record it. I'm glad they came out with a new season. Like others here I think the audition process is so interesting. Training camp sounds super intense too.

I watched last season with my daughter and I was highly upset by the many negative remarks made about the girls outward appearances. I expressed my disappointment with my daughter on how they skewed young women out on being too fat (many looked too skinny, imo), many of the girls being cut from the team solely because of appearance- because they did not look good in an uniform (too short legs, boobs not big enough, butt too big or small, etc)
Ultimately, my daughter and I stopped watching this program because of the negative images it perpetuated for young women...js

Last edited:
I watched last season with my daughter and I was highly upset by the many negative remarks made about the girls outward appearances. I expressed my disappointment with my daughter on how they skewered young women out on being too fat (many looked too skinny, imo), many of the girls being cut from the team solely because of appearance- because they did not look good in an uniform (too short legs, boobs not big enough, butt too big or small, etc)
Ultimately, my daughter and I stopped watching this program because of the negative images it perpetuated for young women...js
Well this season they actually talked to girls because they were too thin. I get what you're saying but if you're choosing to go into professional cheer/dance teams, you have to understand that there are certain things appearance-wise that it might require. Just like the Rockettes have a height minimum/maximum and other teams have other specific regulations. They're not saying the girls aren't beautiful, they're just saying they're not the right person for their team.

I've also been bothered about some of the size comments. Also, once they had a nutritionist telling a girl that cellulite is caused by carbonation. I just can't with that. Lol

Back