OT Damaged Hair Help??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cut a good 3-4 inches off depending on how long your hair is now. Its not going to maintain any growth with the way it is now since it's all breaking off. Instead of just straight teasing, sprinkle a product like Big Sexy Hair's powder play throughout your hair. You'll have to tease less to begin with as it kind of thickens your hair and gives it some grit. you won't have to go back in and tease because it holds the tease really well and just fluff your hair with your hands to get it back to full volume.

Once you're done for the day, soak your hair and then verrrrryyyyyyy liberally cover it in deep conditioner and work from the ends up detangling with either your hands or a wide tooth comb. But be VERY careful because your hair is extra fragile when it's wet but unless I get it wet and smother it in deep conditioner, nothing works. Starting from the ends is helpful because then you don't find yourself just yanking through the heaviest part of the tease, you can work through it instead.

Keep up with a good hair routine. I second the recommendation of using a clarifying shampoo once a week. Neutrogena makes a really good one that isn't too expensive. Then use a moisturizing conditioner and a high quality leave in. My personal favorites are It's a 10 and Pureology Color Fanatic(even if you don't color your hair this is amazing)

Oh ok thanks for the reply! Yeah, I guess you get what you pay for. I hate having thin hair that won't tease haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a hair place that sells hair pieces for ethnic hair. A bunch of my associates get weaves, sew-ins, glue-ins, tie-ins, braids, dreads, whatever. They all swear by hair pieces. And they get them done regularly, so I'm guessing they aren't too pricey.

I just got a little trim! Very small (half an inch roughly). My mom did it just temporarily before I get my hair appointment in. Then I went to CVS and picked up an extreme damage repairing shampoo and conditioner w/ ceramides as well as a repairing hair balm with ceramides. I have to wash my hair tonight so we'll see how it goes lol.

Hair extension wise I just bought a packet of weave and wrapped it around my ponytail the bow hid the tracks. Some people I know just get a hair donut cut it in 3 the place under the Pony for instant volume and no teasing

Get a conditioning treatment and keep it in for hours or sleep with it in a shower cap!

I just got a little trim! Very small (half an inch roughly). My mom did it just temporarily before I get my hair appointment in. Then I went to CVS and picked up an extreme damage repairing shampoo and conditioner w/ ceramides as well as a repairing hair balm with ceramides. I have to wash my hair tonight so we'll see how it goes lol.

CP's hair naturally tangles super easyily. Getting frequent trims helped A LOT. She also uses a brush called Tangle Teaser from Sally's Beauty (recommended by her hairdresser). It's a handleless brush that doesn't break fragile hair.

I got one for Christmas- best stocking stuffer ever!
CP's had hers for a year or so now and says it REALLY helps get through her tangles. She just got another one in her stocking for her cheer bag. [emoji4] She used to have to brush her hair from the bottom up to get through the tangles and and 5 min later it would be tangled again. With regular trims and that brush she doesn't have to do that anymore.

Back