OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Haha, so I heard that Brooke actually tried out for FCA and made it, but she couldn't commit because she was under contract to dance with lifetime.

lol you're serious?? i so wanted to see brooke cheer! what team?
haha yep! I'm not TOTALLY sure, but the person it came from is usually pretty reliable. I'd assume she probably made either a Senior 4, Junior 5, or Senior Open 5. I don't think they would have put her on a team like Diamonds right away since she has no flying experience, but I could be wrong.

I want Brooke to be a cheerleader because her body positions would be amazing! But she's also such a talented dancer :)

I've been watching online as we don't have it here in the UK and the final episode hasn't been uploaded yet, its killing me waiting to watch
Snap! I've been searching since Thursday, normally someone has posted something by now :(

I am wondering when does dance season usually begin and end? I ask this because at the end of the season those girls were out of school for a good 2 weeks. That is an awfully long time to take your child out of school and for the parents to take off work.

I am wondering when does dance season usually begin and end? I ask this because at the end of the season those girls were out of school for a good 2 weeks. That is an awfully long time to take your child out of school and for the parents to take off work.

I don't know but in the interview with Christi, she said they were on the road from June 23 - August 3 so the girls were out of school already.

I don't know but in the interview with Christi, she said they were on the road from June 23 - August 3 so the girls were out of school already.

I was thinking it was over the summer but wasn't sure if that was the dance season. Thanks for the info.

Lifetime should've just let Brooke go cheer. I mean, they could've just made Brooke and her mom "fight" about staying in dance, blahblahblah. Then the whole thing would blow up because Abby would be all, "No brooke, stay in dance!". I imagine Lifetime could probably tell them to make the whole transition to cheer very dramatic. lol. #whyismyimaginationlikethis

I don't think lifetime "forced" brooke into doing anything. I think they set up the competition schedule, brooke tried out for FCA, Lifetime and the Hyland's realized that she couldn't do both due to FCA's strict attendance policy, so then Brooke chose to do dance. I think in 9 out of 10 situations when you make a kid choose between something comfortable and secure (dance) as opposed to something new and unfamiliar (cheer), you will get the former. Plus, she got to be the star of a television series? What 13 year old wouldn't want that??????? Personally, I think she made the correct choice. She's just going through "that age".

Back