OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I only saw a few of these shows and Lifetime is no longer streaming them, but I have a question based on the finale. Did they win some nationals title and instead of letting the girls savor the moment, did Christi really decide THAT was the time to confront Abby (again) about how "Chloe is never treated fairly" and all the girls ended up in tears. That HAD to be staged, what mother could possibly be that dense as to rob the girls of that moment. Did she not realize how horrible that would make her look? OR - did I completely misinterpret the scene?

I only saw a few of these shows and Lifetime is no longer streaming them, but I have a question based on the finale. Did they win some nationals title and instead of letting the girls savor the moment, did Christi really decide THAT was the time to confront Abby (again) about how "Chloe is never treated fairly" and all the girls ended up in tears. That HAD to be staged, what mother could possibly be that dense as to rob the girls of that moment. Did she not realize how horrible that would make her look? OR - did I completely misinterpret the scene?
I think you misenterpreted it. Because I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Haha.

not staged. it wasn't a nationals but that doesn't make a difference. i haven't watched the most outrageous moments episode yet but in the actual episode it shows Christi many times saying she wants to talk in the hallway but no one will go there with her. so she did try to do it where the kids would not have been present but was not able to get anyone to listen to her. this doesn't excuse what she did cause i was appalled by it but she did try. that blowup was 8 years in the making and her "bad day was caught on tape" those are Christi's words. the favoritism you see towards the Ziegler's (Melissa, Maddie, and Mackenzie) on the show is 100% real. i am not defending Christi on this because i do not think that it was the right time or place for that to happen but i feel that her side of the story should be shared

I guess my main issue was the timing, as Abby told her (and I believe this is accurate) - this is not the time or place and you are not going to ruin this moment- but Christi did. You see the girls excitedly running towards Abbey and the moms,but rather than letting the girls enjoy their grand champion equivalent moment, Christi demands Abbey talk to her. Attempt at talking in the hallway or not, the competition was not the place. Emotions were riding high and a confrontation was inevitable. The appropriate thing to do was make an appointment for a private discussion at a later time with Abbey. But that would not have ensured the high drama that they got. That was my point of "staged". Either Christi wanted to make sure there was a "tv" worthy moment for her to again air her grievances or she allowed herself to be manipulated by the producers. Either way, it was a supreme example of why you don't allow a reality show within a hundred miles of your home, your gym or whatever. As soon as a video camera is introduced, people's actions and motivations are no longer normal. Everyone being cooperative and polite does not make "good television" and if there s no drama - the producers will sniff around until they can escalate an existing situation and regrettably they usually have the complete cooperation of the participants in making themselves look as immature and looney tunes as possible. We saw that on Jersey Cheer with that stupid side story about the
girl being allowed to drive. (though actually, if that was the most " drama" the producers could find -aside from a coach I wouldn't allow near my cp- good for that gym.)

haha yep! I'm not TOTALLY sure, but the person it came from is usually pretty reliable. I'd assume she probably made either a Senior 4, Junior 5, or Senior Open 5. I don't think they would have put her on a team like Diamonds right away since she has no flying experience, but I could be wrong.

Haven't been on here in forever but this thread caught my attention. Several of the Diamonds are friends with Brooke and go to school with her. She did try out at FCA and was offered a flyer spot on Diamonds...a flyer had just quit. She hit everything they asked her to do mostly on her first try. She told my daughter she didn't like it that much, her mom was concerned with the length of the drive to FCA from where we live, and at that point they weren't sure if there was going to be a second season of the show. In the end Brooke and her mom decided that she would dance during her 8th grade year, even if there was no TV show, and then try out for our high school band front/dance team, the Pantherettes. That way she gets to be involved in a school activity and still dance. I guess they will have to reevaluate if the show goes into a 3rd season. Just recently the Producers asked Brooke what she wanted her "drama" to be for this season and she told them she should "try out" at FCA and then have to make a decision. I don't think the FCA owner will go for getting mixed up in the shows drama, but I don't think we've heard the last of Brooke and cheerleading! Keep in mind that much of this show is staged and during the interviews they are sometimes fed lines to say. Still fun to watch!

the fact that theres SO much drama ALREADY on the first episode.....is insane.
Abby Lee getting mad at Nia's mom for not being there because of work as shown on the previews, reminds me of my High School Cheer Sponsor getting mad at me for missing a practice for work. -_____-

Back