OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just want the original girls back and I wish it was the way when it first started. Those girls are so talented. I love to watch them dance, but I can't stand Abby anymore. She's gotten so bad it's hard for me to turn on the show and make it through an episode.

I've made it only about halfway through the ep so far (can only take it in small doeses). I'm surprised Abby didn't replace that whole team sooner. And I thoroughly enjoyed Cathy's response to Jill, which is a shocker because she usually makes my skin crawl.

Ok, my daughter is hooked on this show and now we have to plan our lives (or our family room DVR schedule) around this monstrosity. Thanks a pantload, Lifetime.

Maddie is still ending every dance with the "hand on the shoulder as I stare longingly into the distance" pose...
My thoughts exactly!!! Will finally be able to watch the new episode in a half hour, I missed it at the regular time. Cristi's extra meanness seems totally scripted. I hope this show doesn't get to mamma drama filled like Cheer Perfection.

It really bugs me how Abby is so trilled with Sophia's success. She keeps telling all the old girls how amazing Sophia is and how they are never going to compare, but all the talent that Sophia has, wasn't taught by Abby. It was taught by her teachers in California. Sophia isn't a product of Abby's teachings so it really bothers me, that she is using this girl as her claim to fame. It is the other 5 girls who have been taught by Abby their whole lives, they are the product of her teachings and if she doesn't like it, then maybe she should spend more time teaching them.

Don't worry guys, Sophia doesn't come back for the next episode and things go back to the normal group and Brooke does come back. Though the drama doesn't let up...but then again what would dance moms be without it :rolleyes:

As I watched the show last night I decided I'm okay with all the mom drama. The show is called Dance MOMS so its title already tells that it centered around them, unlike Cheer Perfection which is supposed to be about the kids.

I don't know how much is scripted or not but the reactions on the kids seem more than real. You can just tell they are all tired of it. None of them look genuinely happy at dance anymore. As much as I LOVE this show, I hope this is the last season. I can't take this anymore. These kids are going to end up with some sort of emotional trauma. These kids have been strong and they have taken so much crap from Abby but you can tell its really getting to them now. When Chloe came back into the dressing room after after last weeks solo and said to her mom "I disappointed you", it literally broke my heart. Poor girl. She does her best with the routines she's been given days before she's expected to compete them and she can't even be proud of herself after because she has to brace herself for what Abby has to say about it.

As an athlete who had former coaches tell her that she would never be good enough, never achieve this, never achieve that, I can speak from experience that that can really mess you up and it takes a while to get over it. Kids, and people in general, don't thrive under an atmosphere like that. It takes a serious change to get back on track after that. For me, it was leaving my gym of 8 years, a place I grew up in, to go to the rival gym 20 steps down the sidewalk. I pray those children and moms can find a place somewhere else where their kids can be challenged but respected because I don't think they they can last at that place much longer.

I know this is TV but this literally disgusts me. It disgusts me that Abby does this, even if it's scripted. If she really loved these kids like she said she does, she should've put a stop to this long ago. I'm disgusted at the producers as well for making this into a TV show. I feel disgusted just watching it. I want to take them all and give them all hugs and say "you are all amazing." Because they really are. Each and every single one of them, for their own reasons.

its gotten to the point where you can tell most things Abby and the Mums say is for the camera which is annoying and this season has just gotten crazy!

I LOVE Sophia, I have been watching her videos on youtube for awhile so it was a shock when she came onto Dance Mums.It drive me crazy when Abby is telling the Kids that they are not as good as Sophia (althrough we all know its true) Abby is really just digging herself a hole because she has trained the girls since they were young. A Dancer is only a good as their teacher

HeresAThought ALDC actually has a very good acro/gym class. most of their kids tumble very well. of course Abby doesn't really teach much of it but she does a little. A majority of the girls on that team have standing tucks and pretty decent ones at that.

Latest posts

Back