OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Why am I still watching this show? It's the same $hit every week. I wish they would stop with the distractions of other dancers, Candy Apples, etc and concentrate on their core team.
And BuegeSmalls I agree completely. She is one of the most immature, ego-driven people I have ever seen aside from cp's first coach ;).

Why am I still watching this show? It's the same $hit every week. I wish they would stop with the distractions of other dancers, Candy Apples, etc and concentrate on their core team.
And BuegeSmalls I agree completely. She is one of the most immature, ego-driven people I have ever seen aside from cp's first coach ;).
I'm wondering the same thing...I'm so over Abby. I swear the sound of her screaming is making my ears bleed. I totally see where Christi is coming from with the name thing, I had a teacher that said "Hannah Montana you get up here right now" to me and I wanted to punch her so bad. I hated that lady.

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm so over Abby. I swear the sound of her screaming is making my ears bleed. I totally see where Christi is coming from with the name thing, I had a teacher that said "Hannah Montana you get up here right now" to me and I wanted to punch her so bad. I hated that lady.
The worst part about the name thing was that it was ALL Abby. no one told her to do it she just did because she doesn't like Christi and if she hurts Chloe, she hurts Christi.

I had a teacher that said "Hannah Montana you get up here right now" to me and I wanted to punch her so bad. I hated that lady.
calling people like that can be categorized as bullying. i'm very sad that your teacher did that to you. once, i had teacher like that when i was in junior high school. he always called his student with every mean nickname that he could said (like the name of animals, bad adjective, etc). i could remember that i was called 'elf' because i was very small and not too tall at that time. guess what, the principal of my junior high school fired him right away after receiving many complains from parents.

The worst part about the name thing was that it was ALL Abby. no one told her to do it she just did because she doesn't like Christi and if she hurts Chloe, she hurts Christi.

Christi has a choice. Christi chooses to exploit her child to this bs. I don't need a spiel about a contract that they signed to AL in blood or whatever. Take it to court. There are at least 60 hours of evidence that would allow any court to rule in the favor of Christi/Chloe.

This is what I want to tell Brooke (and everyone else who got it wrong):
:caring:
I disagree. I actually think Brooke cares very much but she has managed to hide her true feelings and her love for dance and performing behind that blank look we have grown used to seeing on her face. It has been said many times that Brooke used to be treated the way Maddie is treated (when Maddie is in Abby's good graces which she seems to be again) and there has to be a world of hurt behind the way she is treated now. I think when she left to try cheer, that was her way of rebelling and seeing if it got her any attention, but now a year (or more?) later, she has resigned herself to the fact that she is going to be treated this way and if she going to continue at that studio, she might as well hide any true feelings. I may be reading way to much into this, but it kills me when I watch that emotionless face because I do think it is all a facade. The younger ones still openly seek Abby's approval while Brooke just accepts what she gets, good or bad.

Christi has a choice. Christi chooses to exploit her child to this bs. I don't need a spiel about a contract that they signed to AL in blood or whatever. Take it to court. There are at least 60 hours of evidence that would allow any court to rule in the favor of Christi/Chloe.
Can't disagree with you there. Their contract is actually with lifetime and another with Abby but it doesn't make a difference.

I disagree. I actually think Brooke cares very much but she has managed to hide her true feelings and her love for dance and performing behind that blank look we have grown used to seeing on her face. It has been said many times that Brooke used to be treated the way Maddie is treated (when Maddie is in Abby's good graces which she seems to be again) and there has to be a world of hurt behind the way she is treated now. I think when she left to try cheer, that was her way of rebelling and seeing if it got her any attention, but now a year (or more?) later, she has resigned herself to the fact that she is going to be treated this way and if she going to continue at that studio, she might as well hide any true feelings. I may be reading way to much into this, but it kills me when I watch that emotionless face because I do think it is all a facade. The younger ones still openly seek Abby's approval while Brooke just accepts what she gets, good or bad.
Oh I agree, I think she cares, but they kept talking about the dance "care less" and saying like "Abby thinks I don't care, she thinks I could care less" and I was just like "COULDN'T"a

Ms. Miller, the owner and instructor of the dance troupe bearing her name, wields domineering power. She teaches using fear, manipulation, and humiliation. She is an adult bully. We’ve seen her type closer to home, hopefully to a lesser degree, in the form of teachers and sports coaches who are a part of our children’s everyday life. It’s hard enough to help our children bob and weave the emotional minefields left by adults like this and protect them from the resulting emotional scars like, diminished confidence or self-respect, or trust in others, and the increase in anxiety and stress. We need to teach them this conduct is wrong, but when we see it on national TV, glorified and celebrated, it condones the very behavior we should be eradicating, not rewarding with Hollywood celebrity.

Teaching kids about emotional abuse can start with watching Dance Moms | NJ.com

does anyone know if the "Gosselin" Law was passed in PA? I know it was up for review in October... I'm not sure it would give any of them permission to break the contract, but it at least requires trust funds for all of the children, so their moms aren't making/spending all of the money. it also sets hour limits on how many hours they can work at once and how late they can work.

if it passed/passes i'll be interested to see if/how it effects the show. i believe it would not allow them to work more than 8 hours at a time and they have to stop filming at 10pm. i know some competitions are way longer than 8 hours if they're there all day, and it appears that some of their rehearsals are past 10pm. honestly, i hope it passes.

Latest posts

Back