All-Star Dances!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 3, 2010
so i was just thinking about how every cheerleading team incorporates dance in their routine and how it's an essential part of the score sheet. But, i'm pretty sure that teams can do any kind of dance they want. They aren't limited to anything. Almost every team does some kiond of hip-hop dancing (but i could be wrong, i'm no dance expert). So for example, what if a team was to do ballet as their dance? do you think they would score lower or higher? why do we automatically assume that our dances have to be hip hop and not any other style? just curious to see opinions! :)

Im no dance expert either, other then knowing we need levels, multiple formation changes, etc for cheer dances...

I would also be VERY bored watching a ballet dance in cheer.... so appeal and energy would be hard for a team to score high.

I would also be VERY bored watching a ballet dance in cheer.... so appeal and energy would be hard for a team to score high.

Also, I think that and ballet is a completely separate discipline on its own. I don't think teams would have the energy left to pull off ballet in their routine. On the other hand, ballet is hard and it would boost the difficulty score

I always think of the dance where you can let loose and be free, which is what a hip hop style dance routine is based on. It's based on entertaining the crowd and unless you have a passion for dance and like that stuff I feel some wouldn't enjoy ballet as much as others. I'm friends with competitive dancers who do all styles and I just can't see it being put into a routine.

Back