OT Dancing With The Stars Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I hope Normani wins and Rashad is runner up. I would have preferred that the baseball player went home over Simone......but I totally see why she was sent home (I don't think her personality, or almost lack there of, resonated with the audience. Something about her on the show wasn't likable and a lot of remarks she made back to the judges....as sassy and true as they were.. the people they were "yasssin'" and giving her snaps get them are also the kind of people that heard about it via BuzzFeed and not because they sit around watching the show and voting. ) Truth be told I didn't really enjoy watching Simone dance anyway. She was obviously good but there was something about her movement and lines I never found appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Normani wins and Rashad is runner up. I would have preferred that the baseball player went home over Simone......but I totally see why she was sent home (I don't think her personality, or almost lack there of, resonated with the audience. Something about her on the show wasn't likable and a lot of remarks she made back to the judges....as sassy and true as they were.. the people they were "yasssin'" and giving her snaps get them are also the kind of people that heard about it via BuzzFeed and not because they sit around watching the show and voting. ) Truth be told I didn't really enjoy watching Simone dance anyway. She was obviously good but there was something about her movement and lines I never found appealing.

I rewatched a Simone dance or two earlier and decided she dances like a cheerleader. She can dance, she has rhythm, she learns choreography well, she obviously has body awareness... but it always looks robotic and is missing the fluidity of a more natural "dancer." I don't even know if that makes sense, but I agree that I didn't like watching her dances as much as I assumed I would when she was announced.

I rewatched a Simone dance or two earlier and decided she dances like a cheerleader. She can dance, she has rhythm, she learns choreography well, she obviously has body awareness... but it always looks robotic and is missing the fluidity of a more natural "dancer." I don't even know if that makes sense, but I agree that I didn't like watching her dances as much as I assumed I would when she was announced.

Yeah. That is exactly what I didn't like about her dancing. She's also short with short limbs so it takes away some of the elegance and length. Oftentimes the costuming wasn't flattering to her frame to help her either (last night's first dance outfit for example )

It's that time again.

Cast of season 25:
•Paralympic swimmer Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy
• WWE wrestler Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev
• "Shark Tank" entrepreneur Barbara Corcoran with Keo Motsepe
• Former NBA player Derek Fisher with Sharna Burgess
• Singer/actor Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold
• '80s singer Debbie Gibson with Alan Bersten
• Singer Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd
• TV personality Vanessa Lachey with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Actor Frankie Muniz with Witney Carson
• former NFL player Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke
• "Pretty Little Liars" star Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko
• "Property Brothers" star Drew Scott with Emma Slater
• Violinist Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas

No one is absolutely cringe-worthy or super old so it seems as if we're off to a good start already. I can't do anymore watered-down level 1 routines when everyone else is level 3+ on their worst day.

I'm actually pretty excited to see the Nick vs. Vanessa showdown because I think they will both be amazing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the couple swap here. The rest of the cast is somewhat eh to me so I hope people excite me as we go on.

It's that time again.

Cast of season 25:
•Paralympic swimmer Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy
• WWE wrestler Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev
• "Shark Tank" entrepreneur Barbara Corcoran with Keo Motsepe
• Former NBA player Derek Fisher with Sharna Burgess
• Singer/actor Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold
• '80s singer Debbie Gibson with Alan Bersten
• Singer Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd
• TV personality Vanessa Lachey with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Actor Frankie Muniz with Witney Carson
• former NFL player Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke
• "Pretty Little Liars" star Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko
• "Property Brothers" star Drew Scott with Emma Slater
• Violinist Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas

No one is absolutely cringe-worthy or super old so it seems as if we're off to a good start already. I can't do anymore watered-down level 1 routines when everyone else is level 3+ on their worst day.

This is the first cast in a while that I haven't had to google 85% of the contestants so that's a plus. Didn't know who Victoria was prior to today, but she definitely has an interesting/inspiring story and I'll be interested to see how she does! Though really dancing in heels when you don't have sensation in your legs and feet seems like not the greatest idea (while I admire what she's come through.) I have no doubt she's up for the challenge, though.

and so excited Alan is finally a pro!

I will only be watching because of Nikki Bella. Ill predict that she'll go pretty far, considering how big of a wwe fan base she has.

Back