All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

25 here checking in. But I don't tumble, never did. People generally start to slow down with their tumbling the older they get, but I do know a 30 year old who threw a double full at worlds last year (he's a former gymnast and used to compete triples).

Kelly Smith is pretty good and she's 29 I believe :) She's been competing w/her IAG team (as a fill in I think)

Ok, so I purposely haven't posted on this thread simply because just hearing the word cheerlebrity bugs the heck out of me; it's ridiculous. Anyhow, I was thinking last night about how since September of last year I went from having a janky Roundoff BHS to now having a Roundoff BHS Layout. When I switched gyms I decided when tumbling I'd imagine being the best tumbler I could think of, so every time I tumbled I'd imagine I was on Stingray Orange and was Angel Rice (I still do when learning new skills). Just from imagining I was a different person I went from a crappy level 2 tumbler, to a level 4 tumbler in 6 months, teaching me I can do pretty much any tumbling skill I want if I have the right mental mind set. If I didn't know who Angel was (because of her 'cheerlebrity' status) I'd probably never be progressing the way I am now; so in a way I thank the cheerlebrity status just a little bit. That is all.
Nothing wrong w/that! It's actually a good technique to visualize yourself the way you want to see yourself. You want to be as good as the person whose skills you strive for, so it doesn't surprise me that it's helped you. Keep up the good work! :)

*Btw, even though the visualization technique works for you, it's still YOU who put in the hard work, dedication and acquired the skills. ;) (I don't mean anything negative regarding the person you mentioned, I just wanted you to give yourself some credit for actually acquiring the skills :)

What you did is harmless and in fact, relatively logical. You're imagining an idealized situation, which can help you gain confidence and trick your mind into overcoming some of the mental blocks (and the stronger the image, the stronger the trick. Using a real person is easier to imagine than a random person you create in your head). Think of it like a Patronus.

Versus taking Polyjuice Potion and breaking into her house and acting out her life :D
Will you marry me?! :cheering:

Ok, so I purposely haven't posted on this thread simply because just hearing the word cheerlebrity bugs the heck out of me; it's ridiculous. Anyhow, I was thinking last night about how since September of last year I went from having a janky Roundoff BHS to now having a Roundoff BHS Layout. When I switched gyms I decided when tumbling I'd imagine being the best tumbler I could think of, so every time I tumbled I'd imagine I was on Stingray Orange and was Angel Rice (I still do when learning new skills). Just from imagining I was a different person I went from a crappy level 2 tumbler, to a level 4 tumbler in 6 months, teaching me I can do pretty much any tumbling skill I want if I have the right mental mind set. If I didn't know who Angel was (because of her 'cheerlebrity' status) I'd probably never be progressing the way I am now; so in a way I thank the cheerlebrity status just a little bit. That is all.
This is the same with me, except in flying. I am very timid with flying (being a life long base but now is too short and weak to base) so I picture Gabi B. or even Maddie G. flying tight and fearless and it inspires me to not be afraid.

But i agree with the others. Its okay to look up to them, but trying to figure out their phone # and adresses is just creepy. I saw on twitter once someone posted Maddie Gardner's adress.... I was so disturbed

Cp pretends she is either Kelsey Rule or Victoria Swaiin when she performs...depending on how diva she feels that day. It's just a visualization technique she uses to calm her "monkey mind" right before performing or throwing a skill. I find it harmless, and she doesn't see them as "cheerlebritys" as much as role models for how she wants to perform or tumble.
The cupcake scented bow is actually genius! They always say if you want to sell your house bake cookies before you have a showing...Cp already sprays herself and everything around her with that Bodyology Vanilla Cupcake spray...

Nothing wrong w/that! It's actually a good technique to visualize yourself the way you want to see yourself. You want to be as good as the person whose skills you strive for, so it doesn't surprise me that it's helped you. Keep up the good work! :)

*Btw, even though the visualization technique works for you, it's still YOU who put in the hard work, dedication and acquired the skills. ;) (I don't mean anything negative regarding the person you mentioned, I just wanted you to give yourself some credit for actually acquiring the skills :)
Awh Thankyou :)

When do you plan on stoping?

I don't really know. :) I guess, I'll do it as long as my body lets me.
Thing is, I started when I was 20 and I never really tumbled so maybe that's why my body is still kind of functioning. ;) I was working on a standing and running tuck but I stopped until worlds because I want to minimize the danger of injury until than (I'm kind of prone to injuries when attempting tumbling ^^).

But, at the moment, I'm practicing 6 times a week and I've never been this fit or this good before and I love it. So as long as my body says yes, I'm not saying no. ;)

I went to an open gym today because I'm finally cleared to tumble from my injury. I wore my cheer athletics shirt. Let me just say this- I live absolutely NOWHERE near Texas. I'm just an average tumbler, nothing special. I did jumps to tuck with one of my friends and when I was walking to the tumble track this girl (maybe 6th grade) grabbed my ponytail and when I turned around to see who it was, there was a group of like 4 girls and they were like "OH MY GOSH ARE YOU ON CHEETAHS??? CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH? HANG ON I NEED TO GET MY PHONE I HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU OMG OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M TALKING TO A CHEETAH!!!" ... I was like oh, no, I'm sorry... I'm not on cheetahs. And then they asked me if i was on another team at Cheer Athletics and i was like i meant no, i live here, i don't cheer at cheer athletics i'm just wearing the tshirt. Sorry. Anyways.. had to share my creepy expirence because 1.)i am in no way any type of cheerlebrity or even close to it. The people in the cheer world that know of me are y'all on the boards... maybe. and 2.) these girls didn't know who i was or anything, just because i had on a tshirt they just assumed i cheered there and FLIPPED out.
i don't know how cheerlebritys deal with it. i really don't... creepy.

At NCA this year, my team was in warmups at the same time as many famous cheerlebrity filled teams. Especially as an athlete, it's hard not to be at least a little starstruck at first, being surrounded by such famous cheerleaders, but for me and for most of my team members, just being able to see them and their team back there was good enough. When you take away the huge crowd of followers and all of the media, you really do get to see that they are just athletes the same as you. The attention that they get creates an image for them as a sort of "perfect cheerleader send by the cheer gods" but when I saw them in person, they were just kids the same as me!!! Yes they are talented but they aren't these abosolutely incredible human beings who are perfect in every way. Like I said, they really are just kids. I really wish that everyone could have the opportunity to have been back their and see that, because it was extremely eye-opening for me personally, and I gained a lot of respect for them. Going out and competing in that arena is already scary enough, but they have to do it with thousands and thousands of fans, and critics who will tear them apart if they are anything less that perfect!

Back