OT Dear Cheersport...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well, that sounds like it was a horrible competition experience..
eek.png
I don't really understand the hairspray thing, but I can just picture hundreds of cheerleaders outside the venue getting their hairsprayed! haha I really hope you decide to contact Cheersport directly and have them address the issue in a formal manner. I am curious to know if it is actually Cheersports fault or the venue itself. Also, I can't believe the guard talked to you that way...very disrespectful and unprofessional-I would also include this with your concerns.

I think most venues I've been to in the last several years have banned aerosol hairspray. Much of it is due to the CFC's that most aerosol's used to have. I don't think it's that unusual.

Also aerosol sprays are highly flammable, which is why Boy Scout camps all over the country have banned aerosol sunscreen and bug sprays. Apparently the boys discovered inappropriate uses for the sprays (and these were boy scouts). I bet if you check the venue's web site it provides a list of banned items, the event producers would be wise to pass this info on to their customers in advance!

Is it weird that I've never had my bag checked or anything at a competition before?
I think that they just don't bother to check anything since I always have my hair and makeup done so they know I'm a cheerleader.

you have to remember that this competition took place on the Northern Illinois University campus. Bags are checked at this venue , security on this campus is taken seriously after the shootings that took place there a couple of years age.

you have to remember that this competition took place on the Northern Illinois University campus. Bags are checked at this venue , security on this campus is taken seriously after the shootings that took place there a couple of years age.

I have no problem with them checking bags. I understand the events that took place at NIU over the past few years. However, their security could have been a lot more effective had they been less confrontational about things. Also, a heads up from Cheersport would have been nice. The communication broke down from them to the gyms. I personally spoke to Shannon at UA to see if she had heard about any of these "banned" items, and not only was she not told about that but also was told that the $5.00 cash-only parking was free. (Even she was turned away and had to go find an ATM before she could get in the lot.)

I have no problem with them checking bags. I understand the events that took place at NIU over the past few years. However, their security could have been a lot more effective had they been less confrontational about things. Also, a heads up from Cheersport would have been nice. The communication broke down from them to the gyms. I personally spoke to Shannon at UA to see if she had heard about any of these "banned" items, and not only was she not told about that but also was told that the $5.00 cash-only parking was free. (Even she was turned away and had to go find an ATM before she could get in the lot.)

Back