All-Star December 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a video of their routine floating around somewhere?

If you have IG and follow

@_thejamesruiz

He posted a minute of the routine so you can see the opening. You can see one of the boys tumble into the splits which is another favorite part of mine.

He is a grown cheerleader he doesn't care, don't worry I'm not putting a kids IG on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheer Athletics - Panthers

I've quoted the videos and included a recording of Panthers for reference.

If we're just looking at pyramids, I can tell you that Panthers has the strongest pyramid. To many, that sounds ridiculous, but here's the reasoning:
On the surface, Senior Elite seems to have the most "breath taking" pyramid with all their transitions... but that's literally all it is, a pyramid with a tonne of flashy transitions, most of which have their flyers just land in a cradle position. Their actual pyramid structures are too static (bases barely move flyers while their in prep level and above).
F5 has, what seems to be, a somewhat weak pyramid with neither many transitions nor structures. It's just not dynamic enough.
Shooting Stars has a pretty decent pyramid,they hit structures and have transitions like the full twisting bow and arrows that are unique and difficult. However, just like Senior Elite, F5 and Panthers, pyramid structures are static.
Panthers is the only team (0ther than Orange, who didn't attend) to have actual pyramid structures travel across the mat. They also have a couple of transitions where flyers end up in prep level while hitting structures.

Demonstrating use of mat space is not limited to tumbling and dance, but stunts and pyramids too... judges want to see you fill up the space. Some people don't realise how difficult it is to move an entire structure half way across the mat in a single 8 count. I can tell you, it's difficult, if it doesn't look difficult then the athletes are doing a great job making it look easy. Even if your structures don't travel, they should be spread out at some point rather than clustered towards the centre of the mat the entire time.

I decided to only talk about pyramids because it seems to be the most misunderstood section of a routine. Having watched all 4 routines, I actually agree with the Large Senior standings (I haven't finished watched other divisions yet) after factoring in mistakes and all.

On a separate note, kudos to Cheetahs... I'm still a TGLC fan first, but it's an incredible feat scoring just 3 points behind TGLC when a quarter of your pyramid couldn't happen and had mistakes.[/QUOTE

Loved your notes! You should definitely continue to break down routine elements and compare teams within divisions.

Loved your notes! You should definitely continue to break down routine elements and compare teams within divisions.

I used to love when people would break down every single element of all the large senior teams and compare. Granted, this was mostly done out of pettiness/to fuel the large senior wars, but it's interesting to see everything broken down by numbers and actual level 5 elements versus showy transitions that don't actually help the score.

What happened!? I need them to get back to like they were before.

They were slightly better the next day. Just seems like it hasn't clicked for them just yet. Beth knows what she's doing! She will make adjustments to reflect what they can do. Maybe a performance like this was what they needed to light a fire under the butts.
Only one section was really bad. Everything else was either okay or great!

What happened!? I need them to get back to like they were before.

Not trying to hate, but every base is struggling under the point flyer, and they look like they have the strongest bases under him. Not only are you getting deductions left and right for that group, but it also means you are sacrificing every other group for the sake of one flyer.
Even if they hit, they are going to be at a disadvantage with 5 stunt groups in medium coed.

Not trying to hate, but every base is struggling under the point flyer, and they look like they have the strongest bases under him. Not only are you getting deductions left and right for that group, but it also means you are sacrificing every other group for the sake of one flyer.
Even if they hit, they are going to be at a disadvantage with 5 stunt groups in medium coed.
Beatles had 5 stunt groups and globed at Worlds....so I'm not sure they are at a disadvantage. GBE Lime had 4 stunt groups at Worlds in SAG and globed as well.

Beatles had 5 stunt groups and globed at Worlds....so I'm not sure they are at a disadvantage. GBE Lime had 4 stunt groups at Worlds in SAG and globed as well.
Beatles are actually who comes to mind. Personally I thought they were by far the best team in Finals last year. I can't help but think having only 5 groups kept them from winning gold. I didn't say that a team can't be competitive, but if you take two teams and one has 5 groups and one has 7 and they both have similar skills and both hit, I think it's going to be a lot harder for the team with 5 groups to score higher on subjective part of the scoresheet - if all other things are equal 30 on the floor just looks more impressive than 22 or 23.

Beatles are actually who comes to mind. Personally I thought they were by far the best team in Finals last year. I can't help but think having only 5 groups kept them from winning gold. I didn't say that a team can't be competitive, but if you take two teams and one has 5 groups and one has 7 and they both have similar skills and both hit, I think it's going to be a lot harder for the team with 5 groups to score higher on subjective part of the scoresheet - if all other things are equal 30 on the floor just looks more impressive than 22 or 23.
I absolutely agree with this. A smaller team is definitely competitive and can globe, but when it comes to the wire... I think the advantage will always go to the bigger (more stunt groups) team visually (everything else being equal)

I have noticed in small co ed, many teams have gone with 19 athletes; 4 stunts groups v. 5. Many of the teams with 4 stunt groups look amazing. It seems to be a trend. I am genuinely curious, if this will have any effect on their scores or placements.

Back