"Deductions" for missed Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i totally agree with the rebound deduction.
but not if the whole team doesnt have the tumbling.
i think it will start to pressure some people too much. They may really start to lack confidence in themselves or get veeerrry frustrated and angry. Teammates may also start to 'make fun of' the girls who arnt up to par. which will hurt them emotionally, and may even cause them to quit a sport they once loved.

i can also see this leading to unnecessary injuries. ppl pushing themselves for stuff they arnt ready for

what do you think should happen in this situation best that comes to mind is TG intl 5 2 performance at worlds the stunt that didnt go up... what happens then. the did the bhs part of the stunt and stopped, what do you deduct because they never went up and fell.

what do you think should happen in this situation best that comes to mind is TG intl 5 2 performance at worlds the stunt that didnt go up... what happens then. the did the bhs part of the stunt and stopped, what do you deduct because they never went up and fell.

I don't deduct anything if they never start. They just earn fewer points for having fewer stunts.

How so???

Skills from your level set the range, but lower level skills can impact where you fall within the range.

Using baskets and the Varsity Scoring system as an example, a Level 5 teams needed Half+1 Specialty Kick Doubles to get into the highest range of difficulty (8-9). This means if Orange did 3 hitch kick doubles, they barely got in the range and truthfully should have been given about an 8.0 on difficulty. Doing 4 or 5 hitch kick doubles would increase the decimal, but wouldn't max it out. Another way to move up within the 8-9 range would be to add more baskets regardless of which level the skill is because it adds quantity and variety.

I've been wanting deductions for coed 6 for years if a spot touches the stunt. How many teams can you name that don't touch the stunt for elite stunt sections?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I thought in coed 6 that if the spot touches it lowers the difficulty score? I could be wrong.

I thought in coed 6 that if the spot touches it lowers the difficulty score? I could be wrong.

The way it is worded you can do two stunt sections, one as a team stunt without spots and one elite stunt section with spots. There is very little reward for holding your own stunts. This past year at NCA was the first time in a while a judging panel rewarded true elite single based stunts over assisted catching.

Ah I see your point... I was only thinking about tumbling

I don't judge tumbling much, but I think it would also apply. I'd give extra points if a full squad sync'd trick was put in. I think the points would be easy to justify because it would add numbers, variety, and the difficulty of syncing. The question would be whether or not the time spend doing it could have been better used elsewhere.

On a side note, I think it should be impossible to max out every section of the scoresheet in a single routine. I think the scoring systems should be set up so teams have to pick their strengths and choose to highlight those a little more.

Back