All-Star Delayed Flights To Worlds?!? Faa Furloughs Kick In, Some Flight Delays Appear -

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like it's affecting more west coast travel and longer flights, but we'll see.

I flew back to Charlotte from Boston (was there this past weekend for graduation....sortof) on Sunday and didn't notice anything. Hopefully that stays the course for those traveling to Orlando.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If you can stay out if the big airports like Atlanta, LAX, Chicago, etc you should be ok. My SIL is a flight controller and she assures me that the delays will be real. This isn't just a PR news story. The problem is that there aren't enough controllers to handle the traffic so planes will be either redirected or stuck in a holding pattern while waiting for a safe landing/takeoff.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

As an air traffic controller (and cheerleader), the effects are definitely going to be felt a little this weekend. Most travelers shouldn't expect more than 30 minute delays unless your traveling FROM major cities in the Northeast or the West coast where delays can average 1-2 hours.

Unless Congress and the American Public feel the impact of not making certain governmental jobs essential - The US Air traffic control system will continue to be slowed! This is just the beginning.
I'm can only comment on the Air traffic control side; but do be warned that the TSA is a governmental office and they are working on reduced staffing as well. You should arrive at the airport a little earlier than normal because wait times in security are probably going to be a little crazy.

We connect in MSP on our way to MCO...with just one hour to spare. Wish I could at least fit everything into carry-on, but I'm not a talented packer and CP is even worse!

Back