All-Star Design the perfect scoring system

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yuck please no!! If you want to cheer then compete with a HS team but all-stars has evolved WAY past this and I would hate to see this happen. All-Stars do not "crowd lead" they do not "cheer" for other activities so why should we perform an element in our routine that is not related to our sport??
My vote is no,no,no,no,no,no!!!
It wouldn't really be like high school though because it would basically be the length of a voiceover.

Yuck please no!! If you want to cheer then compete with a HS team but all-stars has evolved WAY past this and I would hate to see this happen. All-Stars do not "crowd lead" they do not "cheer" for other activities so why should we perform an element in our routine that is not related to our sport??
My vote is no,no,no,no,no,no!!!

it would basically be what all teams do now, only required. no stoppage of music.

Not all teams do it...
and again this is not what we do.. our athletes do not spend time or energy on crowd leading we are a skills and performance based activity. Crowd leading is for sideline teams not for all stars.

Not all teams do it...
and again this is not what we do.. our athletes do not spend time or energy on crowd leading we are a skills and performance based activity. Crowd leading is for sideline teams not for all stars.

the problem is choreography is going away and routines are becoming more compulsory. this was a way to require that piece.

I have to disagree with you on that...
while it is true that we all pick skills to "hit the score sheet" I would say that choreography is alive and well and in the end is what sets one team apart from the rest. Adding a "cheer" element would only serve to try and fit us into the old model of what we were.

while it is true that we all pick skills to "hit the score sheet" I would say that choreography is alive and well and in the end is what sets one team apart from the rest. Adding a "cheer" element would only serve to try and fit us into the old model of what we were.

http://www.varsityallstar.com/aspne...upload/documents/resources/L5_Score_Sheet.pdf

There isnt a place to reward choreography currently. Motions / Dance can be argued are the same thing. If you walk clean and have nice formations thats the other. But creativity and choreography... its not really there. All you gotta do is require a 2 eight count cheer, bam its back. And most gyms have them. This is a very small jump.

just a jump backwards IMO
there is a place its overall impression. this is where the judges determine who puts the required level elements in the most entertaining package

It's essentially a motion section. We're not stopping the music and jumping around yelling "go team go." Many of the worst motions I've seen have come from all-star cheerleaders, and a 2 count motion section doesn't mean we're going backwards.

that is not what he is advocating at all. It is specifically a crowd leading section that forces all star teams to act like sideline cheerleaders. And while I agree with you that motion technique is different in all stars again that is not our focus.

that is not what he is advocating at all. It is specifically a crowd leading section that forces all star teams to act like sideline cheerleaders. And while I agree with you that motion technique is different in all stars again that is not our focus.

No, that's not what he's advocating. He's advocating a 2 8-count cheer section that is basically no different than what many cheer gyms do now. There's 2 8-counts of motions accompanied by a voice over gym cheer. It's not the same as jumping up and down, waving spirit fingers and pumping up a crowd. It's nothing like sideline cheerleading. Go to NCA's college 45 second routine and tell me that a 2 8-count cheer section is acting like sideline cheerleaders. It's not.

Also, who says motions aren't our focus? They should be just as much our focus as the dance section is. It's on the score sheet afterall.

No, that's not what he's advocating. He's advocating a 2 8-count cheer section that is basically no different than what many cheer gyms do now. There's 2 8-counts of motions accompanied by a voice over gym cheer. It's not the same as jumping up and down, waving spirit fingers and pumping up a crowd. It's nothing like sideline cheerleading. Go to NCA's college 45 second routine and tell me that a 2 8-count cheer section is acting like sideline cheerleaders. It's not.

Also, who says motions aren't our focus? They should be just as much our focus as the dance section is. It's on the score sheet afterall.

At least someone is paying attention.

it would basically be what all teams do now, only required. no stoppage of music.

The key in all situations is to over react and assume things.

I have a feeling you have almost no foundation of cheerleading, or just simply forgot. Jumps isn't a cheer element? All of cheerleading is intrarelated. And one other point: I'm pretty sure if you didn't teach motion technique, I would never want to have you as my coach and you should think about whether or not you are doing your athletes an injustice.

I have a feeling you have almost no foundation of cheerleading, or just simply forgot. Jumps isn't a cheer element? All of cheerleading is intrarelated. And one other point: I'm pretty sure if you didn't teach motion technique, I would never want to have you as my coach and you should think about whether or not you are doing your athletes an injustice.

Troy has a solid cheerleading foundation and I'd work with him any day.

Troy has a solid cheerleading foundation and I'd work with him any day.
Thank you Andre!!! I forgot how nasty it can get on here
Wow i go to work and come back to this....
I agree that the skills we perform today have at their roots fundamental cheerleading elements. Stunts, baskets, pyramids, jumps, and motions started on the sidelines and have now, through hard work and innovation, been elevated to a new level in all-stars.
As for your opinion of my coaching credentials, my philosophy in teaching motion technique, or your desire to never have me as a coach or for me to never coach at all for that matter i just say:rolleyes:
The key in all situations is to over react and assume things.
I am sorry kingston if you think I over reacted and I appologize if I did not interperate what you were advocating corretly.
I went back and re-read what you said ...
A required 2 eight count cheer section where no skills are allowed and you must do a cheer and is a section to be scored on the scoresheet. What do you think? (ignore the time needed for the moment.)
...and I interpreted it wrong. I still do not agree that all should be required to have a "cheer section" but in this instance I read into what you said my own bias and took it in a wrong direction SORRY:oops:

Back