All-Star Did My First All Star Practice Last Night-at Age 46 :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2017
We’re putting together a parent team for our Summit send off. We have 13 moms and 5 dads, mostly over 40. The hope is to surprise (and mortally embarrass, for those of us who have early teens) our kids :).

I’m having a lot of fun. Although, how do you keep from having headaches and dizziness after doing forward rolls and cartwheels for the first time in about 30 years?

We’re putting together a parent team for our Summit send off. We have 13 moms and 5 dads, mostly over 40. The hope is to surprise (and mortally embarrass, for those of us who have early teens) our kids :).

I’m having a lot of fun. Although, how do you keep from having headaches and dizziness after doing forward rolls and cartwheels for the first time in about 30 years?

I don't know if you can. I still tumble and while I'm not 46, I'm closer to that than to 20. I still get a touch dizzy and see start when warming up round offs. Forward rolls make my head spin and I won't even attempt back rolls anymore.

Go slow, don't do too many, until you're more used to it again, and keep your head off the ground when rolling. Keep your eyes open to help with visual cues to your brain. The dizziness comes from your inner ear balance system sending different signals to your brain and you're likely not used to that anymore. Kids spin and flip all the time while playing and as adults, we tend to remain upright and the body gets used to that and forgets how to judge the information being sent to the brain while spinning and flipping, leading to the vertigo

Have fun at the showcase!! I love when parents show off for their kids.

I’m almost 40, I have no advice just want to say you parents rock. Don’t think workers comp would cover the injuries I would have from attempting a cartwheel so I would be sitting out.

i love parent teams, i am determined to be on one when i have kids lol
they also always remind me of tinys but with bigger people. Fantastic, loved the tumbling section!

Back