Music Did You Like Old Cheer Music?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
I miss old cheer music so much! Here's 1
I miss the dings! Also, I was wondering what those "dings" are called?

I miss Jamiraquai... ?! This music, as a whole, not so much :confused:
whos the guy does the "Heat... Firestorms..." voiceover I always wanted to know? Does he still do cheer voice overs? he's my favorite voice over guy of all time!!!!

Not going to lie, there will always be a special place in my heart for that slide whistle sound effect (someone has to know what I'm talking about.)

However, I can't say that I have ever missed doing a CHEER (with signs and everything) in the middle of my all star routine. We were thrilled when we got the option to go "all music."

whos the guy does the "Heat... Firestorms..." voiceover I always wanted to know? Does he still do cheer voice overs? he's my favorite voice over guy of all time!!!!
No clue. Jamiraquai is the artist who sings "Canned Heat" in the dance section.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, there will always be a special place in my heart for that slide whistle sound effect (someone has to know what I'm talking about.)

However, I can't say that I have ever missed doing a CHEER (with signs and everything) in the middle of my all star routine. We were thrilled when we got the option to go "all music."
would the cheer section take away something? Like take away show-me stunts for the cheer section or something or did you have to fit everything in?

Don't quote me because I was young then and not totally paying attention but the routine with a cheer was longer than 2:30. We still did everything you'd normally do.

YES! That and the 'boing'.

I saw a video of Top Gun at UCA Allstar Nationals in 1998 doing a crowd leading cheer with signs.

slide whistle sound effect? there is/was? a sound effect similar to that but it wasn't a slide whistle, right? some of you know what im talking about?

slide whistle sound effect? there is/was? a sound effect similar to that but it wasn't a slide whistle, right? some of you know what im talking about?
I know what you're talking about. It was a whistle, but the pitch started high, and got low quickly. Used often for flyovers in pyramids because that's what it reminded people of.

I know what you're talking about. It was a whistle, but the pitch started high, and got low quickly. Used often for flyovers in pyramids because that's what it reminded people of.
YESSSSS, THAT WAS IT, TY TY TY :D:D:D:D:D what was its real name or was it literally called "Whistle Pitch High To Low Sound Effect?"

Back