All-Star Discuss The Rules: Large To 30

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
No brainier for me. Everyone needs more competition. This should help bring more people into large divisions. Most large gyms even seem for it.

No brainier for me. Everyone needs more competition. This should help bring more people into large divisions. Most large gyms even seem for it.

i loved roger's speech on this topic he is very straight foward & to the point! the alarm going off when he went over was classic! :D

I'm all about lowering the cap, but I wish it were 28 or 32 for the sake of stunt groups (divides by 4...)

Those two extras are built in alternates. In a sport where we never have alternates for the first time ever there are options.

This discussion, for me, was the first time I was surprised during the webcast. I thought the discussion of changing the large cap was extremely thought out by everyone involved. Really was surprised at some of the voices I heard supporting it. I can definitely see this passing.

So during competition do those two "alternates" just stand there during stunts?

They would most likely tumble during stunts. My cp has been on a team that had girls leftover during stunts and she tumbled throughout the whole routine.

There could be 10 stunts, 2 bases and a flyer then 2 groups with a back spot too! haha just an idea

So during competition do those two "alternates" just stand there during stunts?
Of course not. As someone mentioned on the webcast, they could be used as fronts for struggling stunts, tumble while the others are stunting, or I guess, as you said, they could just stand there.
There could be 10 stunts, 2 bases and a flyer then 2 groups with a back spot too! haha just an idea
...and a good one!

I think 30 is the way to go.

My point is that just like people are saying, these two athletes are "left overs" and nobody wants to be a "left over" in any section of a routine.

My point is that just like people are saying, these two athletes are "left overs" and nobody wants to be a "left over" in any section of a routine.

Everyone also wannt to be last pass. But sometimes that's not your roll. And many athletes would accept front spotting than not being on the team.

I never thought of them as "leftovers". What if one of these extras can throw a fabulous tumbling pass? They may be left out of the stunts because of this, not because they aren't worthy of being involved in the stunt. There are many ways to use 30 athletes. I don't consider 2 extra as leftovers. It would all be choreographed into the routine, no need to feel left out.

It wasn't all that long ago that large was 35 and there were "leftovers".

Back