All-Star Discuss The Rules: Tax Id Defines A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
This one didn't make a lot of sense to me why there was argument. There are ways around the definition of a program as it is. They wouldn't change much with a tax Id defining a program. Its just a way to define a program that we've never had before.

This is a yes.

This had nothing to do with insurance like they were saying on the feed. It's kind of like a no-brainer in my opinion.

This had nothing to do with insurance like they were saying on the feed. It's kind of like a no-brainer in my opinion.

Agreed. I was surprised by arguing against it. But people fear what they don't understand.

Seems pretty irrelevent to me. If I currently own a five location gym and it's important for me to have them entered as 5 different gyms for competing, I'll have the gym manager own 1% of each location and have 5 separate corporations with 5 separate EINs.

Useless rule.

Agreed. I think they got a little too deep with the whole insurance conversation. Bottom line, like King said, it's just another way of defining the definition of a program.

Seems pretty irrelevent to me. If I currently own a five location gym and it's important for me to have them entered as 5 different gyms for competing, I'll have the gym manager own 1% of each location and have 5 separate corporations with 5 separate EINs.

Useless rule.

Then what defines a program. Happy seemed to misunderstand this DOESNT affect him. Make a central tax ID so kids are shared. That's fine.

Its that there is no definition of a program, but many rules are built around the concept of a program.

Then what defines a program. Happy seemed to misunderstand this DOESNT affect him. Make a central tax ID so kids are shared. That's fine.

Its that there is no definition of a program, but many rules are built around the concept of a program.

Keep in mind that I did not watch any of the broadcast today because I was at work. My answer has nothing to do with Happy and he and I haven't discussed it.

Useless rule.

I've done some research about EIN's and what I've read is that as long as you are one person, no matter how many "entities" you are sole proprietor of, they all have the same EIN according to state and federal governments and should be reported together.

refer to:
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98011,00.html under sole proprietors

Ok, then I ask just you: what defines a program?

Useless rule.

If they are separate do they still get to share athletes for say ... level 5 teams? I ask because where we live there are no "big" multi location gyms. This rule is useless for most programs here. HOWEVER I can see how some of the big multi level gyms have gone on to enter "small gym" by using the #s from one location (versus all of them) *Yes, guess the jacket was THAT important! LOL! And how they can combine athletes from multiple locations to make a "dream" team. So does this rule prevent being able to do both?

If they are separate do they still get to share athletes for say ... level 5 teams? I ask because where we live there are no "big" multi location gyms. This rule is useless for most programs here. HOWEVER I can see how some of the big multi level gyms have gone on to enter "small gym" by using the #s from one location (versus all of them) *Yes, guess the jacket was THAT important! LOL! And how they can combine athletes from multiple locations to make a "dream" team. So does this rule prevent being able to do both?

That is not the point of the rule. The rule is JUST to define what is a program. We currently don't have a definition. That is it. I don't get why that's eluding everyone.

That is not the point of the rule. The rule is JUST to define what is a program. We currently don't have a definition. That is it. I don't get why that's eluding everyone.

OK. I get it. But then "why"? Why does a program need to be defined (and I ask this playing devil's advocate)? How do other sports define a program? Or do they? I was at work so didn't watch the meeting today but I am just wondering why or why not there is a need to define a program. What are the pros and cons of coming up with a definition?

OK. I get it. But then "why"? Why does a program need to be defined (and I ask this playing devil's advocate)? How do other sports define a program? Or do they? I was at work so didn't watch the meeting today but I am just wondering why or why not there is a need to define a program. What are the pros and cons of coming up with a definition?

To badly quote Dennis Worley: The word 'program' was used 29 times in all the rules discussion. If we haven't definied WHAT a program is, how do we discuss rules related to said program. That is ALL it is doing.

Or, hypothetically, let us say cheerleading invented tumbling. We do this flippy twisty thing. We all compete flippy twisty thingys. But until we define what that flippy twisty thing as a Full, how do we say some levels can have Fulls, and some cannot? Do we say no flippy twisty thingys?

To badly quote Dennis Worley: The word 'program' was used 29 times in all the rules discussion. If we haven't definied WHAT a program is, how do we discuss rules related to said program. That is ALL it is doing.

Or, hypothetically, let us say cheerleading invented tumbling. We do this flippy twisty thing. We all compete flippy twisty thingys. But until we define what that flippy twisty thing as a Full, how do we say some levels can have Fulls, and some cannot? Do we say no flippy twisty thingys?

idk, but I did hear Les tell Jamie no whippy thingys.

Back