All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did they really show a dad spotting a backhndspr in the living room>? Did she land on her head? Why would they think this is a good idea?

Did they really show a dad spotting a backhndspr in the living room>? Did she land on her head? Why would they think this is a good idea?
Right, if you want her to practice tumbling at home, maybe invest in a trampoline

My thoughts on the show:
-I do like Alicia and RD. I think they are two good coaches that care about the program. How they caught up in this I do not know.
-Andrea (Kylies mom I think?) is the only semi-normal mom on this show. I think she is funny and although she is involved in the drama for some reason I don't mind her.
-These girls are talented, and I did enjoy watching the trio and duo.

I don't recall the girl being spotted on grass last night but psycho mom did want her husband to spot the girl in the living room.
I quit watching weeks ago, the last episode I saw had some dad spotting a bhs outside. Sad to hear that trend apparently continues.

My thoughts on the show:
-I do like Alicia and RD. I think they are two good coaches that care about the program. How they caught up in this I do not know.
-Andrea (Kylies mom I think?) is the only semi-normal mom on this show. I think she is funny and although she is involved in the drama for some reason I don't mind her.
I agree about Alisha, but RD bugs me. I think he acts too much for the cameras but in real life I'd probably like him more.
I like Olivia's mom (can't remember the name). She doesn't get too much into the drama, which I like.

i feel so bad for Bonnies daughter...that poor girl looks like she doesn't even really wanna do Cheer but her mom is just so annoying!
That Video of Brooks team: she can def do more than a forward roll, i think she is doing a good job!
Ann is such a mess.... i don't know what is going on with her, she is just acting like a five year old that did not get ice cream :confused:

Yes, they've showed him in the past with him trying to spot on the grass. Who knows, maybe in the past he has some gymnastics or cheer experice. I've never spotted my cp but I have let her stand on my thigh to prartice her scorpine and the such. When she was learning her backbend kicko0ver I tried, and it was way to hard -lol- We've also done that stuff in the pool, holding her up. I figure for all the other stuff she has the trampoline, but you have to be careful and do it correct. Last year cp's coach asked her at a privite if we had a trampoline and then she got on cp about it. I think they are more forgiving (trampolines) for mess-ups then if you do them on the mats.

I also wondered about one mom for five girls. Maybe that's how the show wanted it, maybe that's all they would pay for, maybe the other mothers just didnt' want to-go. I would have wanted to go if it was one of my daughters but I wouldn't have wanted to be on TV either.

Yes Cam has her tuck. CTR is actually a good gym with some great coaches and really talented kids. BUT this is TV and its there for entertainment value. What the cheer world finds entertaining isnt what most watching would.
Exactly! Dance Moms is the prime example. I doubt very highly that people with kids involved with competitive dance are pleased with goes on with that show. So TLC wanted their own version and probably couldn't call it Cheer Moms. I just keep hoping for more CMT CHEER and maybe a SMOED show to exemplify the industry but honestly people who aren't in this sport might just find them boring or *gasp* the coaches too much to handle. (although that Abby Lee is not exactly a mush ball)So now I just watch cheerperfection for the "entertainment" and laughs, knowing almost none of it is real.

Back