High School Diss Cheers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2016
Thoughts? Does your school do them? Do they get out of hand when other schools are going back and forth?

The schools in my league do them but all the Admin at the schools want to take them away. Personally I think that they’re all in good fun and the girls LIVE for them!

Thoughts? Does your school do them? Do they get out of hand when other schools are going back and forth?

The schools in my league do them but all the Admin at the schools want to take them away. Personally I think that they’re all in good fun and the girls LIVE for them!

I’m assuming you mean disrespectful chants directed at the other team/fans/cheerleaders.

Our student section tends to do them when we play our rivals. My girls are good enough leaders to get them to turn it around and/or cut them off at the pass.

With that said, if one of my cheerleaders participated in these “diss” chants, I’d jerk their booty off the sidelines so fast they’d be constipated for a month.

I’m assuming you mean disrespectful chants directed at the other team/fans/cheerleaders.

Our student section tends to do them when we play our rivals. My girls are good enough leaders to get them to turn it around and/or cut them off at the pass.

With that said, if one of my cheerleaders participated in these “diss” chants, I’d jerk their booty off the sidelines so fast they’d be constipated for a month.

Yeah I’d be the same way if all the schools we played didn’t do them, I just won’t let them call one first, the other team has to. It was the same way when I was in high school here but we just didn’t have YouTube to find all the “stomp and shake” cheers.

I think that we forget that are several types of cheerleading. I have seen squads "battle" from the first second of the game to the last second while engaging the crowd, cheering on their team, and keeping it classy. Just because its something your squad doesn't do doesn't make it okay to look down on others who do.

I think that we forget that are several types of cheerleading. I have seen squads "battle" from the first second of the game to the last second while engaging the crowd, cheering on their team, and keeping it classy. Just because its something your squad doesn't do doesn't make it okay to look down on others who do.

Thank you! There are schools that actually have a battle and are right across from each other in like a stand-off type thing. With my cheerleaders and the other schools they’ll do diss cheers the whole game of coaches let them (we all agreed on only 4th quarter) and then all have good friends on the other team.

I know most would see this as “ghetto” and to be frank the area I coach in would probably be considered a little ghetto....all of Stockton is.

Not a thing at my high school or at the rec level. I consider it poor sportsmanship that can easily get out of hand and become offensive.

The closest thing we ever got to a "diss" is the one that goes " You may be good at Football You may be good at Track But when it comes to Basketball You might as well step back. We tried to keep our cheers lighthearted, positive and well cheerful.

Not a thing at my high school or at the rec level. I consider it poor sportsmanship that can easily get out of hand and become offensive.

The closest thing we ever got to a "diss" is the one that goes " You may be good at Football You may be good at Track But when it comes to Basketball You might as well step back. We tried to keep our cheers lighthearted, positive and well cheerful.

Yeah, it’s not a good look. My high school team was on the receiving end of a lot of diss cheers because I went to a big football school. Our coach would never let us respond and it drove us crazy because in our minds we just had to stand there and take it. But now I understand why she was such a stickler: it’s tacky and unnecessary and reflects poorly on everyone.

Back