All-Star Division I And Division Ii At Worlds - Big Gym Separation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the idea is that if they create D2 it will take those current scary worlds teams and give them a different division. While the rules don't change for them skill wise, the need to throw skills that aren't ready in to be competitive won't be as high.

While that's a pretty thought, I think what you explained is more likely to take place. Instead of those current teams dropping to D2, I see more teams that really aren't ready shooting for that D2.
Cp competed at Worlds for the first time this past season and only the second year her gym
has even made it to Worlds. They did not get out of prelims, which was expected, but watching even all the other teams in prelims reinforced what I already knew. For a gym like cp's that can barely field a full small senior all girl team, competing as D2 might give us a better chance to be a little more competitive rather than toward the bottom of prelims. I used to be strongly against the division split but now not as much.

It's not unprofessional for the governing body to allow us to run our businesses the way we see fit. You can get into some pretty gray areas of safety rules overlapping with ethics rules.

The USASF is taking steps to fix all of the above issues you listed with certifications and insurance but as yet there still isn't enough man power to enforce any and every rule we can think up sitting in the seat of the arm chair quarterback.

I don't think I would like a separate governing body for small programs at all but at least for now we do have the NSPA. NSPA National Small Program Association

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@dance_extreme_94 is this the post you were looking for? You were asking on a thread you created.

Back