Dizziness After Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I used to get pounding headaches for about 10 seconds after every skill when I first started tumbling, but now i'm sorta used to it :p but I never really got dizzy in series tumbling or anything.

I was working on hand whip hand hand fulls today, and I got dizzy after. Just for a second, tho. And this was the first time it happened.

I get really dizzy when I do standing tumbling.. 2 to fulls/2 to doubles I'm like walking in circles when I land half the time haha its pretty bad

i really only get dizzy from doing more than two backhandsprings in a pass, no matter what trick i throw after. lol

If you stare at the floor when you land (after skill is finished) it helps with that problem, it allows for your eyes to regain focus.

One if my coaches a few years ago told me that i had bad technique and thats the reason why i get dizzy after tumbling...does anybody know if this is true??

One if my coaches a few years ago told me that i had bad technique and thats the reason why i get dizzy after tumbling...does anybody know if this is true??
probably not. dizzyness happens when the fluid in your inner ear sloshes around and it causes you to be disoriented. i dont think technique in tumbling causes it lol.

probably not. dizzyness happens when the fluid in your inner ear sloshes around and it causes you to be disoriented. i dont think technique in tumbling causes it lol.

haha i thought so cuz i asked him what was the "right" technique and i never really got an answer.

multiple back handsprings are the only thing that makes me see stars and feel dizzy, for some reason tucks and everything else don't, but i've gotten used to it

I got dizzy from running any running pass, it was because every time my hands touched I held my breath, so on running passes and any standing with more then 2 bhs got me really dizzy.

Back