All-Star Does Anyone Ever Get Annoyed By...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know gyms where this is true, as well as gyms where it isn't. I'm not generally annoyed by gyms who do this. I usually just feel bad for the kids and parents who are treated like second-class.

I don't dispute your opinion that some do this, but it's difficult to say that almost all of them do. I know of plenty of examples besides the ones already mentioned that care about all of their athletes.
After posting, I realized this wasn't a good idea. I completely agree with what everyone has said.
All I was trying to say was that at an old gym I went to, it was like the Worlds teams were shining stars, while me (a Youth 3 at the time) was just the toilet paper stuck to the coaches shoes.

After posting, I realized this wasn't a good idea. I completely agree with what everyone has said.
All I was trying to say was that at an old gym I went to, it was like the Worlds teams were shining stars, while me (a Youth 3 at the time) was just the toilet paper stuck to the coaches shoes.

Are you happier where you are now? :)

It's understandable, especially if you saw a bad situation happening. You just made it right though.

Some people wouldn't admit their mistakes.

It especially annoys when levels 1-4 of xyz allstars are flying around but the whole world comes to an end when their worlds team video pops up...

DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED! You know why Top Gun, and Stingrays, CA and ACE are so successful? because they care about every level...Top Guns sr. level 3 has the same energy and appeal to me as their Semi-limited...you dont see a routine come out of the gyms thats just ok...every team from 1-5 is the best that they can be...and Im sorry if I was a parent dropping 4000 a year on a sport and my little suzie on junior level 2 isnt getting the same undivided attention as your little CP on sm. sr 5 and thats ok with the coaches...Im sorry I dont think I fit the charecteristics of a cheer parent at your gym

I feel like the only time our gym paid more attention to the worlds teams than the lower levels was right before worlds, or if the lower levels are doing better than the level 5's and the level 5's actually need more attention.

yeah im on a level 3 team and feel like i am nowhere in my cheerleading career.....
lets face it, no one cares about us level 3 people.... :p

yeah im on a level 3 team and feel like i am nowhere in my cheerleading career.....

I really hope you don't believe that. Some of the funnest routines and best effort I have seen are level 3 teams

There is absolutly no reason that you should feel inatiquite because your a level 3...and if it makes you feel better I love watching level 3 because that the level where stuff starts getting more interesting and I appriciate the work eithic of level 3's because you have to push yourselves to get to that level 4 or 5 spot :D keep going it only gets more exciting from here!

At my gym, Legacy Xtreme, each team is treated equally fair. Each team stretches the same, works on every element they need, run full-outs, etc. All of our teams practice by running the routine with all stunts or all tumbling a lot, as well as full outs. I am on senior 5 and I know we personally have asked to condition more, so that may be the only difference. As well as we jump almost everytime the music is on, not sure about the other teams. But other than those 2 small things that we do(somewhat by team decision), everyone works equally as hard and gets the same ammount of attention, work, and time put into them. :)

As the parent of a level 2 athlete... I can say that my daughter has never felt like she was not as important as the level 5 girls at our current gym. As many have already said thats what makes a great gym, being sucessful on all levels. But I know what your talking about does happen because at our last gym this was always the case....

thats why we have different coaches for each age group. we have tini and mini coaches, youth coaches, junior coaches, and senior coaches. besides these coaches we have coaches that oversee the higher level teams. so our teams get alot of equal attention.

If you are ever at a competition where Ultimate Athletics competes, you will see every coach from every team and even the owners Craig and Michelle, up front cheering on every single team, whether it be a Mini 1 or Senior 5! They care about every team and every athlete in their gym.

Back