All-Star Does Anyone Have An Airtrack At Home?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lablover

Cheer Parent
Mar 11, 2014
I'm considering buying one for my CP to use in our basement. It's a large purchase so I would love to hear sown feedback before I purchase.

As a coach, I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Invest that money in private lessons or classes where your CP will have access to equipment AND a coach to make sure she's learning things with proper technique.
I would definitely continue private lessons. The air track was an alternative to a trampoline-- which I'm not interested in but my CP wants.

I would definitely continue private lessons. The air track was an alternative to a trampoline-- which I'm not interested in but my CP wants.
Eh, I'd avoid it. The problem with at-home equipment is that the over-zealous CP tends to try new skills too early and totally messes up their technique. The number of athletes that have to go back to the beginning to fix bad trampoline technique greatly outweighs the number that have successfully achieved skills from a trampoline.

Last edited:
For the cost make sure you consider the height of your CP and the height of your ceilings. I considered it for half a second till I realized in a year it would be almost useless due to how fast she is growing and the height of the ceiling in the room where there would be space.

We got cp one for her 8th birthday. Mine was on carpet in my basement and when she would tumble (even with it completely inflated) she would sometimes "bottom" out. She complained of heel pain so we ended up selling it and getting a trampoline. My justification for buying it was she was constantly tumbling in the basement on our mats, plus double teaming at the gym. I was worried about the number of strikes on her young joints. I felt it was better for her to take the softer landings with the air trak. I really never regretted buying it, it really helped her with her standing tuck and hand tuck reps. I would recommend getting a foam strip (like a strip that covers the spring floor at the gym) to put under it. I know kids at our gym now have thicker air traks at home that might solve the bottoming out issues.

I wouldn't let my CP tumble on a home air track or trampoline. Too much money spent correcting bad habits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back