Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 1, 2020
Hey there, I have been concerned lately because I took a year off cheer due to gym closure and all, but I have been having a horrible feeling when I round off or round off back handspring. It feels like my head is whipping back completely. I took a video and my head actually is not whipping back so it's strange to have a feeling that it is. I also get unbalanced and very dizzy for a moment until my head settles, then I can see again. It horrible because I have a duo coming up in a month and I want to know something that can help this horrible feeling to go away. I was kind of scared I had whiplash or a strain in my neck but I'm not too sure, so some help would be very appreciated.

You likely have a vestibular issue(AKA the frequency at which you are tumbling is not aligning with how fast or slow your nervous system expects). Because you took a year off, you likely need time to adjust to tumbling/going upside again. Either way, I would talk to your coach and get their opinion:) And if you know someone who is a PT they might be able to help you also.

Back