Double Up?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
My friends and I were at open gym trying to figure out the double up grip, but we couldn't get it. We know the positioning of the bases and how they have to walk around, but it's not spinning. It just looks like they're walking in a circle? I've looked everywhere on youtube and such for a video describing it in detail but none! We just can't seem to get it to look right...any help?

So the flyer faces the front with the backspot on the secondary side, secondary base on the main base side, and main base in the backspot position. The flyer then jumps in and uses the back foot to stand up (and has to stand straight, strongly and tightly). The main base would grab the heel in a full-up grip with the secondary base throwing and catching the foot like normal. The backspot goes for the ankle and keeps it sturdy.

The group has to 'switch places' (replace each other) smoothly and quickly. There will be a release, with the main base keeping contact with the foot and the secondary throwing and following the other foot. Like a 1.5.

Hope this all makes sense!

Last edited:
So the flyer faces the front with the backspot on the secondary side, secondary base on the main base side, and main base in the backspot position. The flyer then jumps in and uses the back foot to stand up on (and has to stand straight up strongly and tightly). The main base would grab the heel in a full-up grip with the secondary base throwing and catching the foot like normal. The backspot goes for the ankle and keeps it sturdy.

The group has to 'switch places' (replace each other) smoothly and quickly. There will be a release, with the main base keeping contact with the foot and the secondary throwing and following the other foot. Like a 1.5.

Hope this all makes sense!
Are the flyer's feet like in a ballet-foot position? (heels together) or are they crossed? But yes this makes sense!! I will have to try it on friday and see how it goes!!

Back